14) Siblings & Marriage (Part 1)

"I really missed you, Amelia," Edward said looking into my eyes.

What? Why? Why is he telling me this? What does he want? He is married to my sister, what does he expect me to say to this?

"Edward dear, what's wrong? Why are you standing like that?"

I have never loved Cecelia more than now when she ruined this moment.

Edward closed his eyes, he was agitated with her but he stepped away without saying a word.

She looks so different. She is still beautiful with her long blonde hair but her eyes were tired, her face was pale and she was definitely thinner. I thought that women gain weight after carrying a child.

"Good afternoon, sister," I said with a smile.

She stood there, speechless and shocked. She didn't open her mouth or even move to give me a hug.

"Amelia!" She finally said with a... I think it was supposed to be a smile, "what a surprise?"

I forced a smile, "You know how much I love them"

If this wasn't the coldest reunion in the world, I do not know what is.

"Cecelia!" Dr Philips said from behind her, "what do you think about that surprise?"

Cecelia gave me a... I think it was supposed to be yet, another smile then said, "amazing!"

"You are not going to stay here all day, are you?" Dr Philips told me with a smile, "Let Meg show you to your room"

"You are staying here?" Cecelia asked with shock.

"Of course she is," Meg said with a smile from behind her, "this is her home"

She gave me a third supposed to be a smile and said, "of course"

"Now, come with me," Meg told me, "You need to rest"

"That was... Very peculiar," I said as we went up the stairs.

"So the dreamy reunion between sisters failed?" She asked with a mischievous smile.

"Terribly," I said with faked disgust then, I remembered what Dr Phillips has done, "I am going to kill your husband"

She raised an eyebrow waiting for me to explain.

"Oh, don't act all innocent;" I said with irritation, "you know that you went up with him only to leave me and Edward alone"

"I have no idea what you are talking about," she said looking forward with a mischievous smile.

That shrew!

She showed me to my room, I stayed in it before when I used to visit. She gave me a quick hug before she left.

I shouldn't be here.

"But they are all welcoming," A voice in my head reasoned.

Except for my sister.

"Because she is never welcoming," The voice continued.

True. What about Edward? What is the explanation to the way that he treated me?

"He figured that he loves you," It said.

No, of course not. He is married to my sister and he has a child. How could you think that?

I am just your inner voice.

I shook my head and started unpacking. While I was doing that, I saw the letter that I wrote to him.