Chapter 41: The Lightning's Blessing

"WHAT THE HELL?! GUSTO BA TALAGA NILA TAYONG MAKAPASA?!" maiyak-iyak na sabi ni Jack.

Professor Evanesca smirked as she stomped her foot. A glowing circle of light appeared on the ground and expanded, enclosing everyone within the range of her weirdness' 25-meter radius effectivity.

"The circle's radius is 25 meters. And I know for sure that all of you knows the marvelous weirdness of our headmistress. You can win by immobilizing the headmistress, by sending her out of the circle, or by sticking a black sticker to her. If time runs out and you weren't able to defeat her, the remaining students inside the circle will retain their earned grade," sabi ni Professor Sivera.

"So the burden of saving our classmates will be shouldered by us," sabi ko.

Si Jack naman eh hysterical na sa tabi ko.

"Pretty much. But how can we win against the headmistress?! It's impossible! And her weirdness..."

"Yeah," sabi ni RB sa tabi ko. "She's like a scavenger..."

"...only made crazier," dugtong ko naman sa sinabi niya.

"START!"

"Leave this to me!" sigaw ni Aliyah sabay bunot ng flute niya.

Professor Evanesca clicked her fingers and a powerful gust of wind sent Aliyah flying out of the circle.

"Intal is out! Remember that you can still save your classmates' grade if you defeat the headmistress. But only the remaining students inside the circle can earn the perfect grade," sabi ni Professor Sivera.

"Then let's just attack all at once!" sigaw ni Philip.

"Wait! The one who moves first is the one who will lose first! Don't just attack relentlessly! We need to formulate a plan!" sigaw ko naman agad.

Professor Evanesca stared at me.

"Crap..." I said when I realized what I just said.

"And that is the reason why I'm going to eliminate you next..." she said as she sent another gust of wind towards me.

"IKE!!!"

A wall of ice and crystals rose in front of me to block the headmistress' attack.

A very powerful gust of wind blew all over the place, sending some of our classmates flying out of the circle. Nagtago na lang kami nina Jack at RB sa likod ng dingding na ginawa nila.

"For the record, there are only 10 students remaining on the field right now. The remaining time is 9 minutes. The remaining students are Lunaria, Abareñas, Talla, Lena, Achillerio, Jimenez, Martinez, Perez, Arellano, and Ceres," sabi ni Professor Sivera.

"WHAT?! Sampu na lang kami?!" gulat naming sigaw ni Jack.

RB stood up and swiped his hand on the ground, creating a circular diamond wall that enclosed all the remaining students inside the circle.

"This will prevent anyone from being flown out of the circle," sabi ni RB.

"There are only ten of us here. Aside sa weirdness nating lima, we still have Cezka's Air, Philip's Animal Transformation, Jennica's Duplication, Tony's Enhanced Senses, and Asha's Smoke," bulong ko.

"RB, Jack! Create obstacles around the headmistress! Kailangan nating may mapagtaguan man lang. We can't risk exposing ourselves. It's too dangerous," sabi ko sa kanila.

"Roger," sabi nila sabay lapag ng mga kamay nila sa lupa. The ground shook and roared as numerous obstacles erupted inside the circle. Maya-maya pa ay bigla na lang na lumapag sa pinagtataguan naming tatlo sina Alice at Jennica.