A Day of Surprises

Annabeth's POV

The new apartment had finally been fully moved in to. It was so nice to be were far away from the university, free of obnoxious college kids and bells each hour of the day. I was five walking minutes from work and Percy was fifteen driving minutes away from the marine biology institute. The view of the Atlantic Ocean from the blue and white tiled walls by kitchen window was spectacular. We had a sliding porch glass door that led onto a small deck with a panoramic view of the ocean, every time I walked outside I could hear the ocean waves crashing onto the beach below us. Our apartment was a two bedroom, one and a half bathroom.

Besides the fact that our place was right next to the ocean and walking distance from work, the winner for Percy was the blue walls and tiles all over the apartment. The kitchen was completely updated, as were the bathrooms. The sand colored couch and chairs in the main room faced the small flatscreen where Percy and I had spent many nights snuggled together on the couch watching comedies or the history channel. Work was going great! In just over the year since I'd been hired, I'd already gotten a raise for my excellent design of bring back Greek architecture onto Long Island, (the newspaper article was framed above my desk in my office). And Percy was thriving at the marine biology institute, he had saved many animals that no else knew how to help, I was so proud of him.

While sitting at my neat freak desk, I heard my phone ring. Snatching it off the the desk, I didn't even look at the contact when I answered, "hello?"

"Annabeth! Hi, how are you?" Piper's cheery voice asked.

"Doing great, work is going well. How about you, and how's Jason doing?"

"From what I'm reading in the paper you're doing more than well at work. And it's going great, recently I got a job for an interior designer! I'm so excited! And Jason is great too. He's going to start working for the university's physics department and begin his study on the properties of electricity. How is Percy?"

"Oh he's doing awesome, he's thriving at marine biology as always. Hey, are you in town this weekend, we should totally get together."

"Actually that's what I wanted to talk about, you're the first person I've talked to about this." Piper stammered a bit, she was hiding something big.

"Tell me about what?" I asked, dying to know.

"Well, you're not the only one who's married now!" Piper squealed into the phone. "Jason proposed!"

"Oh my gods! Piper! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you both, where did he do it? How? Give me details!" I demanded grinning big.

"We were at a very fancy rooftop restaurant and he started talking about us then he asked me!" Piper giggled into the phone.

"Aww, Pipes I'm so happy for you both. When is the wedding?" I asked.

"May 27th so just after graduation, gotta wait nine months, but I think I can do it."

"That's so great, congratulations Piper! Well I've gotta go, but we'll talk soon, I miss our chats." I laughed.

"Me too Annabeth, see you soon!" Piper hung up, I couldn't wait to tell Percy.

I turned back to my work, I was designing a new very modern house on the upper east side on New York. The family who was going to live there was extremely picky and detail oriented, I wanted to get everything right.

I heard a knock on my door. "Mrs. Jackson." A quiet voice said.

It was my secretary Jane Prelude. She was a small woman about 5'1, with big brown glasses. She had brown eyes and wore pantsuits to work everyday, her brown hair was pulled up into a tight bun each day.