New Home

I hear the woman scramble out of the kitchen. I remove my hand away from my eyes and take in a deep breath.

How could that dumbass invite a girl over when he knew I was coming over. I know it's his house and all but still, what an inconsiderate shit face. Usually I don't use swear words much, but ever since Alex has been introduced into my life I find myself cursing all the time.

"Sorry you are?" A dominating feminine voice behind me asks.

I turn slowly to see the same girl but now she's wearing a man's button up shirt that I'm guessing is that Alex's.

"I asked you first," I say politely and calmly.

She rolled her eyes at me. "What are you, the maid?"

My lips curve upwards into a smile. "Yes, is there anything I can do for you?"

She smiled. "Well Alex and I made quite a mess in the bedroom. Be a dear and go clean it up."

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. "Yeah, no."

"You're a maid, you're supposed to do what your told. Now go before you're fired," she plainly stated.

"No, how about you go before I call security," I tap a finger on my chin.

"Call security? On me?" She threw her head back laughing.

"Where's Alex?" I ask in a monotone voice.

She stops laughing and crosses her arms across her chest. "What relation do you have with Alex?"

I purse my lips. "That's none of your concern."

She squints her eyes at me. "He's mine."

This time I throw my head back laughing. "You're probably the tenth girl he's slept with today. I swear he has the same raging hormones as a teenage boy."

She smiles and shakes her head. "Actually,he loves me."

I return the fake smile. "Believe what you want darling." I walk over to the huge fridge and open it to find some food. My eyes almost bulge out of my head as I see the freezer full of all kinds of Haagen-Dazs ice cream. There were so many flavors, but I chose my favorite, green tea. I smile as I pick it up. I open some drawers until I see some spoons. I plant myself on one of the kitchen stools and open the pint. The metal spoon digs into the creamy green tea. I plop it in my mouth with satisfaction.

"Uh excuse me," I hear the woman say.

I roll my eyes and make contact with her big round mascara smeared grey eyes. "Oh you're still here."

"Question is, who are you and why are you here?" She asks in an exasperated tone.

I take a few spoonfuls of my ice cream before responding. "Look, just leave so I can eat my ice cream in peace."

She give me a 'what the hell' face. With that she leaves to who knows where. I focus on enjoying my ice cream. So far the best thing about living here is the fridge.

I'm almost halfway done with my pint of ice cream when I hear footsteps coming towards the kitchen. I look up to see Alex with out a shirt on. I quickly dismiss what I'm feeling at the pit of my stomach and avert my eyes to a painting in front of me. Yep, I'm just going to ignore him.

I hear him sigh. "You need to leave Saige."

"What?" I hear her ask. "And who the fuck is she?"

"None of your concern, now leave before I call security," Alex states.