You Got Me Fucked Up

Corey slipped in the back door quietly wearing a black veil over his head, dark lashes, and white gloves. He had a bouquet of black roses in his hands and he looked tearfully down paying his respects.

"Where's the body?" he whispered as he inched quietly through Kaya's bedroom door.

Kaya gathered her tissues dabbing her tired puffy eyes, she looked blankly at him, "not tonight" she said sternly.

It was past midnight but after tossing and turning Kaya had decided to call the only person she knew she could count on.

Corey looked at her face and sat down quietly next to her, "I'm sorry" he whispered pulling her into his arms.

Kaya bottom lip quivered as she started sobbing again," I just need someone to sleep with me tonight" she bawled.

Corey looked at his attire, "the way you were crying on the phone honey, I thought I was going to Keith's funeral. I thought you murdered his penis in a stir fry" he explained.

Kaya fluffed her bedroom pillows crawling sadly into bed. Their feet lightly thudded on the tile floor as they moved around.

Keith had decided to sleep on the couch tonight and there was nothing Kaya could do about it.

Corey snuggled under the sheets with his best friend, letting her cry it out.

"He doesn't want me anymore, he wants normal" Kaya stammered using her blanket to catch her running tears.

Corey groaned making sure to keep his voice down, "No, he thinks he does, but you're the best damn thing that happened to him. That Cookie Monster at the restaurant wants him, I saw it in her thirst trap eyes. Keith shouldn't be mad at us for defending what's yours. You're not an exterminator you shouldn't be getting rid of roaches for your man, it's his responsibility to tell hoes to fall back" he said getting teary eyed.

Kaya blew her nose loudly in Corey's wig, "thanks" she yawned.

Kaya's eyes were starting to flutter and become heavy. She felt safe in the arms of her friend. She listened to his encouraging words until sadness took her and rocked her to sleep, in a vast endless body of blue waves.

Kaya opened her eyes and rolled over, her face cracked and dry from her staining tears. Her chest hurt and she felt like she had coal lodged in her throat.

It felt worse than the time she had the flu, her bones ached and every tendril of her heart was ripping at the seams. She felt defeated and lonely, and even though the tears were caught in her thick eyelashes it felt like she would never stop crying.

"Do you need me to help you wash your face?" Corey asked helping Kaya sit up, as he handed her a cup of coffee.

Kaya could barely speak as Corey dabbed her face with cool water and helped her put on her robe.

Nothing was worse than the pain of a broken heart, Kaya was truly devastated, not only because of Keith's reaction but because it told her how he would act in the future. In her eyes, he had turned vengeful and spiteful in order to teach her a lesson

Corey took the rollers out of his head, "Baby blues, pour your tears into a teacup because I have to go to work. You know this ass don't pop itself" he said yawning "but honestly talk to your man and fix this" he encouraged giving her a reassuring hug.

Corey left clinking away in his black heels giving Kaya some time to herself. She moved slow, the pain was like fresh stitches burning to heal. She dragged her pitiful body to the bathroom.

Kaya's hands trembled as she brushed her teeth, she gripped the handles of the faucet tightly letting the water rush over her loud sobs.

The woman in the mirror startled her. The face she saw aged, with weary satchel eyes that drooped over her sunken bruised jaw. Her bloodshot red eyes overshadowed the dark tones of her long gaunt face that was beaten by the tiredness of time. Her usual vibrant dark mocha skin was dry and patchy washed over with a chalky essence.