Chapter 16

A Day Earlier

Lloyd's Point of View

Liking a girl can be very exhausting. Emotionally.

Some guys find it easy, simply because they don't like the same girl that I like. Some guys like the typical hot gal that everybody would have a boner to. Some prefer the cute, innocent, and cheerful type. Or some would go for the simple ones and just go for the random picks, and just, you know, for heck of it.

Honestly, some guys have it easy, as long as they pick the normal ones or the types that I mentioned that they usually go for.

The type that uses make up...

The type that is actually interested in love...

The type that shows affections...

Dresses normally...

Actually takes care of their hair or other body parts...

Interact and socialize with others...

Or other things that makes a girl normal.

But for my case, it's different. The girl I like isn't anywhere near those usual stereotypes. Sometimes I wish she was, just so it can be easier for me, but then again, if she was those types of girls, then I wonder if I'd still like her in the same way I like her now. Maybe that's the reason why I like her so much. Because, she's different. But in a very irritating way.

The girl I like is someone I've known for a very long time. She's my childhood friend and she's very important to me. Her name is Penny Ray.

Since a long time ago, Penny had always been your average study bug. She believes that she can live alone and not depend on anyone.

Well, this just hurts for me cause if she were to live alone and not have a husband, then that just means we won't be getting married. Yes it's chessy, and it does creep the hell outta me whenever I say these things but hey; I like her, what can I do?

And hey. If she only knew, right?

But alas, she doesn't. She's just not showing any signs of interest.

I've always been there for her; always made my actions clear that sometimes, she can depend on me. But from what I can sense, it's clear that she hasn't acknowledge any of my efforts at all.

I tried everything. But God sake, Penny just couldn't take a hint. I bet if I throw my affections at her like a ball by only two feet's away, she still couldn't catch it.

Sometimes I wonder if she even listens to the things I say.

I can honestly admit, Penny is way smarter than I am. No doubt in that. But fucking God, when it comes to emotional subjects, she is so dense.

But I guess this is also partly my fault. I mean, I already knew that she was this type of girl but there I go and fall for her. Stupid.

She thinks she acknowledges everything that is going on around her, but obviously, she has a long way to go.

The problem is; Penny is a stubborn, cruel, naive person. She has this belief that almost everything is meaningless unless there's an explanation for it. She's low minded and very logical. She's too practical that it's so annoying. She's also a nonbeliever in love.

She thinks love as a joke. She complains to everything about it, that it'd make you roll your eyes everytime.

I don't think she's bitter about it though; I just think that the topic 'love' irritates her. It irritates her in a way that she wants to understand it, but just can't.