Flashback (Part 1)

Squirrelflight's POV
"You think you know me," Hollyleaf began. "And my brothers, Lionblaze and Jayfeather of Thunderclan. You think you know us, but everything you have been told about us is a lie! We are not the kits of Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight. "
"What? " Brambleclaw shot to his paws from where he sat with the other deputies among the roots of the Great Oak. His amber eyes flamed at me. "Squirrelflight, why is she talking such nonsense? "
I stood up. A wave of panic flooded through me. Why did I do this, now Brambleclaw won't be my mate anymore because I adopted Leafpool's kits, I thought guiltily.
"I'm sorry, Brambleclaw, but it's true. I'm not their mother, and you are not their father. "
The Clan deputy stared at me. "Then who is? "
I turned my sad green gaze on the cat who I claimed as my daughter. "Tell them Hollyleaf. I kept the secret for seasons; I am not going to reveal it now. "
"Coward!" Hollyleaf hissed at me. Her gaze swept around the clearing, seeing the eyes of every single cat trained on her. "I'm not afraid of the truth! Leafpool is our mother, and Crowfeather---yes, Crowfeather of Windclan--is our father. "
Yowls of shock greeted her words, but Hollyleaf shouted over them. "These cats were so ashamed of us that they gave us away and lied to every single one of you to hide the fact that they had broken the warrior code. It's all her fault. " she whipped her tail around and pointed at Leafpool. "How can the clans survive when there are cowards and liars at every heart of them? "
They started talking again, but Squirrelflight did not want to hear anymore. I've made a big mistake by taking in Leafpool's kits. When she looked up, Brambleclaw was padding towards her until he stood face to face with her.
"Why? " he meowed.
"I had to! She's my sister! "
"And you couldn't trust me? " Brambleclaw's voice was shaking as he choked those words out. I did not reply, I trusted him with all my life, I just have to explain to him, and wish he will understand.
"You couldn't trust me, " he repeated. "Don't you think I would have helped you, if you told me the truth? But it's too late now. "
"Brambleclaw, " I called, but he was already racing into Thunderclan territory. I raced after him. Calling his name, until he stood still. There's something else I needed help with...