In Sickness And In Health

Your head was pounding and your stomach lurched for the millionth time that day. You loathed being sick. Even the smallest cold could knock you off your feet, leaving you immobile for days. And you knew you were a pain in the ass when you were sick. You didn't want to be around anyone. All you wanted was to curl up in your sweats, Coles t-shirt, and a big ass comforter. And that's exactly how Cole found you.

"Love, I can barely see you under all of that fluff? Where's my sick girl?" He pulled at the comforter that surrounded you but you were having none of it. You batted his hand away and sunk deeper into the fluffiness.

"Come on, pet. Just want to kiss you all better." You smiled slightly but shook your head no. He frowned, his eyebrows scrunching together in the most adorable fashion. The stare down lasted all of one minute before you gave in, opening the comforter for Cole to climb in.

"Just know I'm all sweaty and snotty and gross." You warn as he wraps himself around you. You've been cuddled for two episodes of Pretty Little Liars when Cole turns his face to yours.

"Just remembered I didn't get my welcome home kiss." His lips puckered as he waited for you to comply. You forgo his lips for a tiny kiss to his nose, his lips immediately falling into a frown.

"No. I want a proper kiss." He pouted.

"I don't want to get you sick." You argued, already knowing you're going to give in. He scoffed and gestured to the predicament you were already in. You sighed and pressed a quick kiss to his lips.

"I did say proper, didn't I?" You rolled your eyes and leaned in, pressing your lips harder against his. Just as his tongue swiped across your bottom lip, your head reared back, a sneeze escaping from your stuffed nose.

Your hand shot up to cover your mouth, hiding the smile that was quickly spreading across your lips. Cole was still frozen in his spot, inches away from your face. He slowly pulled back from you, shock still marring his features. As he got up off the couch, you let out a giggle that soon turned into a full fledged laugh.

"Don't say I didn't warn you love!" You chuckled as he walked to the bathroom.

You were still silently laughing to yourself when he reemerged, face scrubbed clean. He motioned for you to open the comforter again, nestling himself into your side once more.

"Haven't you had enough?" You smile down at him, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"In sickness and in health, baby. In sickness and in health."