iii

❝One smile, can start a frienship.
One word, can end a fight.
One look, can save a relationship.
One person, can change your life.❞

♚

"Are you done staring, Dr. Park?"

Sitting in the passenger side of Park Jimin's Bentley, Lisa can feel the intense glimpses he was giving her at the corner of his eyes. It did not help when she was wearing a dress too short, that it rode up mid-thigh, exposing a good amount of flesh. She had thought that the man would had a modicum of manner to offer his coat. But no, he'd rather see her fidget under his gaze as she tried pulling down the hem of her skirt.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" He teased in his silky voice, pleased with the reactions he was getting.

"You are making me uncomfortable with your sloppy driving skills," she replied stonily. "If you would be too kind to stop throwing malicious looks over me and put your concentration on the road, it will greatly help guarantee our safety."

"Don't worry, babe. I'm also good at multi-tasking."

Several snotty replies came to mind, but Lisa chose silence. Beneath that playful veneer, she can clearly notice the urgency in his eyes - grave and focused. To make him speed at 150km/hr, that acquiantance must be someone of filial importance. The doctor's personal life was an enigma, shrouded with metaphors of his playboy stunts and sexual adventures. Apart from that, no one really knew that much about him.

Now thinking of it, she had never bothered asking him any questions except for anything medical related. Of course, why would she? Park Jimin has his own definition of getting close and personal; those that include vulgar activities and knowing about it would surely keep her up at night.

"You've missed our turn," she said after they whizzed beyond the motorway going to Yeongeon-dong.

"No, we're going on the right direction," he replied shortly, not bothering to consult the car's navigation system.

"No...I'm pretty sure that Seoul National Hospital is that way."

"Who said about going to the hospital?" Lisa looked at him, incredulous. She was searching for a tiny hint of humor on his face, but there was none.

"We're performing the procedure at his house," he explained, sensing her confusion. "That person can be very sensitive when it comes to privacy."

They zoomed past the shopping district of Gangnam into the affluent residential region of Cheongdam-dong. The neighborhood is the epitome of wealthy lifestyle and luxurious culture. Most houses in the area were owned by celebrities and business tycoons; people who have the abundance of money to waste - the filthy rich.

"I'm not trying to kidnap you if that's what you're thinking," he added in an effort to diffuse the growing apprehension.

"Humor me, shortie. I can easily manhandle you," she scowled, earning a snort of laughter from him. "Is there anything else I should know about our little field trip?"