Velociraptor (Mindless Short Story)

Reoccuring dream about a Raptor. The same thing also happens. My brothers and sister are never home. I have no idea what’s going on whether it’s a dinosaur scientist bull shit going on where they tried to make the lost world or if the just made the one Raptor that happens to be in my house. It always starts with me walking to my bed with a big plate of spaghetti with way too much sauces on it. I always take two bits out of it before I leave it on my bed to look out in the hallway. For the most part I’m behaving like I normally do, but in the dream world I know that there is a fucking Raptor just down the stairs, but still behavior the same.

When I look out in the hallway I find my mom and dad’s king size mattress and box-spring in the hall and my mom is hiding behind it. When she sees me she says it’ll never find me under this. And her saying this really pisses me off and tell her to stop being to. I then proceed to push both the mattress and the box-spring as if the weight nothing, so I can barricade the stairs to protect the second floor.

When my mom starts to tell me to stop doing what I’m doing. My dad comes out of their room and asks me what I’m doing. I look at him head to toe and get really made. I ask him, ‘What are you doing! Where’s the gun.”

‘What gun,’ he asks. I get irritated beyond belief because I know there are guns in their room. (In real life there are guns in their room. A revolver with a lock on it under their bed and 6 larger weapons, one of which is a shotgun, in cases in their closet. And from what I know about two shoe boxes full of ammunition. We’ve all shot off a gun before even my little sister, Amber. My dad was in the navy for 20 years that’s what the guns are about. There are a few more at my grandmother’s house.) Since my dad is acting like he doesn’t know anything about the guns, instead of going to get them myself I go back to my room and lock the door. I then start to walk across my room full prepared to take my mattress and block off the door with it, but there’s this sudden banging at my door.

I open it, only to find the Raptor attacking both my parents. The Raptor isn’t really doing a good job, its kinda just thrashing around. But I slam my door shut anyway and double check to make sure I locked it. Then there is more banging at my door and for some crazy reason I open it.  But I only open the door to about the width of my head.

The point of view starts to get funky here, its in first person like I’m seeing regular and in 3rd person where I can see pass my dad and the raptor that are right in front of my door and down the hallway. There isn’t a spilt screen of the two points of view, I’m getting all the information collectively, like that’s the way people normally see. In the hall their mattress is in shreds and in my brother’s room my mom is hanging from the ceiling, like she was tossed up through it. She is always skinnier than she is in this one dream for some reason. That is the only thing different from real life, besides the raptor rampaging in my house. My dad kept telling me to let him in and I was trying to pull him through without opening the door anymore, but that wasn’t working.   I kept trying until the Raptor tried to brake into my room, then I fully give up trying to save my dad and closed and lock the door again.

 It wasn’t even 30 seconds later when the Raptor was trying to brake down my door. Without any way to stop it, I barricade myself in my closet and tried to keep from making any sound.

Then it switches to full third person and I see the Raptor brake through my door like it was wet tissue paper. It looks around my room and then starts clicking it’s foot finger on the floor making a pattern of sound. Then it does the same pattern with its cry. It then notices the spaghetti on my bed and starts to eat it.

End of Dream.

I always wake up with my heart pounding a mile a minute and breathing heavy, but never sweaty. You would think I would wake up all sweaty. I never know what ends up happening to me, whether I'm eaten or what.  I started having this dream almost eight years ago and I have it at least 2 or 3 times a year. As far as I know there is no trigger for it, its just random. I woke up at 4 am this morning from the dream and wrote it all down.  Even though I’ve had it a billion times, if I wait I’ll forget about it.

When we used to live in apartments I had a reoccurring dream about dinosaurs, but that time it was a T-rex and I was way more terrified.

A spider one that I’ve had since I was about six or seven. That one was trigger by trauma.

I don’t fear spiders, I fucking hate them and when I was younger the next door neighbor had a tarantula as a pet. It was a big ass, well fed spider and it made its way into our kitchen. My mom was cooking and I was in the pantry looking for something sweet so I wouldn’t have to eat what she was cooking. She hops up on the counter and starts screaming kill it, kill it. When I see what she’s talking about I climb up the shelves of the pantry trying to keep away from it.  My dad comes in a steps on it like its no big deal, I don’t even think he realize the situation at first and him stepping on it was an accident. After it got stepped on its starts twitching before it finally dies. But even after I know its dead I refuse to leave the pantry. My dad had to carry me out. After that I didn’t sleep for about a week and I refused to ever step foot in that kitchen.  In the dream I pretty much puss out because I’m crying the entire time. Yes, there are human sized spiders trying to get me, but there is no reason to constantly cry. The only differences there are in that dream are the choices I make. It’s always the same situation and ends the same way, but my path to start to finish is always different.

Then I have one about zombies that is only about three years old. I don’t really remember right now what happens in that one.

###################

This hasn't been edited or even read over. I typed this out at four in the morning and am only now posting it.