Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Ariel

"So we have to go through a portal in New York City to get to the wizards?" I questioned.

"I think that is what we established." Caelum answered.

"Then we have to find the Sorcery Society, the wizards who run everything wizard related?"

"Correct."

"Yet we have no idea what so ever where they are." It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"Affirmative."

"What about my dark aura? Once they sense it, one wizard is going to say Avada Kedavra and we'll be dead."

"If my assumption is precise, you can hide your dark aura."

"Um how? I've never done that before." I told him.

"Truth to be told, I do not know, but if you want to help the angels then you need to try." he said.

"Not now though. If you forgot we are in the centaur castle library still waiting for the bloody horses to get their hooves over here."

Caelum chuckled his rich laugh and I wanted to melt. Why is he gay? It isn't even fair! It's always the hot ones that like dicks instead of chicks. 

"Of course I didn't forget. You can try right before we go through the portal."

"And if I fail to conceal my aura?"

A grim look came on his handsome human-form face (he had shifted once we were in the library), "Not an option."

I sighed, "No pressure there."

A static noise filled the air before, "The centaurs are here. The King is inviting you to join them and explain the situation." a soft male voice rang through the intercom, definitely the voice of a servant. It clicked off signaling we were alone again. 

Inhaling a deep breath, I walked out without Caelum behind me.

"I'll just stay here. I don't want anyone to see me in human form and I don't think they will be too pleased to have a giant dragon breathing down their back, sweetheart." he said, his breath hot on my neck. I barely suppressed a shudder.

"Okay." I choked out before practically sprinting out. I stepped over a lot of rubble and destroyed furniture as I made my way to the king's throne room.

I wasn't surprised when I didn't feel an ounce of guilt seeing all the destruction Caelum and I caused. Shouldn't I feel guilt? 

Before entering the room I took a few calming breathes. My heart was still racing from when Caelum called me sweetheart.

I felt pathetic. This has to stop now, before it has barely even started. I can't develop more feelings for him. I'm on a mission and I need to prioritize. 

I entered the King's throne room and there stood four centaurs (not including the King). They were all male and radiated great power - but it didn't compare to the King's (or mine). Their horse bodies were all different colors: silver, black, gold, and copper.

Behind them stood the King in all his white-horse glory.

As soon as I entered, all the centaurs present sort of stumbled back, probably because of my dark aura.

"Only four ponies? I think we're going to need more then that." I said, smirking. You know the way wolven/werewolves get angry when their called dogs or mutts? Or how vampires dislike being called leeches? Yeah, that's how centaurs get when their called ponies.