CHAPTER 7

Cordelia didn't get home until 9pm that night. She had went back to her old home with Anna, only expecting to be there for a few hours, but her mom and dad wouldn't let her leave without balling over her and talking to her about everything that happened in her old pack in the month she wasn't there. Her mom was still mad that Cordelia's mate was the man behind the attack on her pack but she couldn't do anything.

The old alpha, his mate, and his son were ultimately killed in the attack. So by default, Cordelia's mother, Ann, had to become alpha. Which was a hard job.

"Hey. You're home late." Pierce said softly as Cordelia walked through the door. "Sorry. My parents wouldn't let me leave without an earful." She sighed and leaned against Pierce when he walked up to her. "Well I see your ears didn't fall off so it looks like they didn't talk enough." He teased. "Ha ha."

"Tell me about it." He said and led her to the love seat. He sat down and she sat on his lap. "They said they missed me and wanted me to come back home. I told them that this was my home. They got mad and wanted me to reject you." She huffed. Pierce rubbed her back. "I'm sorry. And you aren't going to reject me, right?" He asked. She shook her head no. "Of course not."

Cordelia set her head on his shoulder and yawned. "Just listening to them tires me out." She said and closed her eyes. Pierce chuckled. "I'm sorry. Do you wanna go to bed?" Pierce asked her. She shook her head no. "I don't want to." She said. Pierce rubbed her side. "Pierce?" She asked and opened her eyes. "Hmm?" He hummed. She looked up at him. "What would you do if I did?" She asked.

Pierce shifted uncomfortably under her and looked her in the eye. "I don't know what I'd do. But I don't want that to happen. Okay? I love you." He said and pecked her lips. "Then why not mate with me?" She asked against his lips. He smiled and chuckled. "No one's going to take me away from you, you know. Again. No rush." He told her before planting a small, soft kiss on her lips.

She huffed. "Babe, come on. Please?" She pouted and gave him puppy dog eyes. Pierce gave her a serious look. "You're tired, Dels. Let's not talk about it now. In the morning." He said and picked her off of his lap and carried her into the bedroom. "Why is it such a big deal? Tell me." She asked. "Because." Pierce said. "Why? Because isn't a good answer!" She cried.

She knew there wasn't any rush to it. But she felt like Pierce really didn't want to mate or be with her. "It's... My parents mated after a month of knowing each other. And after they had me, they would fight. A lot. No matter what it was about. I don't want that to happen with us." He sighed.

"Pierce. That was them. We're not them. We're us. That won't happen with us." She told him reassuringly. "I know that. But what if it does? We have a kid or two and then we fight? And.. what if I hurt you? When I mark you?" Cordelia shrugged. "If I get hurt it won't be for too long." She said.

Pierce shook his head no. "I'm sorry, Dels. Just not tonight, okay? We'll talk about it in the morning." He said, stripped to nothing but his boxers, and laid down next to her before turning the lamp off. "Fine. But we'll talk about this in the morning." She huffed and instantly fell asleep.