Chapter 39.

"Hey, Stel?" Luke asked, nudging my shoulder with his. We were sitting together at the library, both of us working on some of the last homework assignments we needed to complete before the school year was over.

"Yeah?" I turned to Luke, who quickly glanced away from me, pretending that he hadn't said anything in the first place. When Luke didn't say anything else I looked away from him, figuring that it wasn't anything important.

"Stel." Luke whispered again.

"What?" I laughed lightly, looking back at him. He continued to stare down at his paper, but I could see a small smile growing across his face.

"Hi." Luke finally tore his eyes away from the paper, his lips breaking into a full smile now.

"Hi." I responded, a little confused. The two of us were talking to each other just a few minutes ago, when I asked Luke to help me with a math problem.

"Hi." Luke repeated. He leaned in and kissed me for a few seconds, his lips moving slowly against mine.

"What are you doing?" I whispered, just curious as to why Luke was acting this way.

"Nothing." Luke said, pulling back from me. He picked up his pencil again and went back to his homework, like the past few seconds didn't even happen.

"What are you working on?" I asked, moving my homework to the side and looking at what Luke was doing.

"It's a practice SAT thing, for AP calculus." Luke shrugged, like it was completely normal for him to be doing something like this. It was funny, I couldn't even pass geometry and Luke was here taking practice SAT's for no reason.

"Why are you taking a practice SAT?" I laughed.

"For fun." Luke smiled, looking back down at the papers in front of him. "I'm almost done with it."

"Alright." I laughed, turning back to my own homework so Luke could finish his. I felt my phone begin to vibrate in my pocket so I took it out, even though I really shouldn't have since we were in the library.

"Who is it?" Luke whispered, not looking away from the papers in front of him.

"It's Michael," I laughed, answering the call. "Hello?"

"Are you with Luke?" He spoke urgently, not even saying hello back.

"Yes, why?" I asked.

"I need to talk to him about, um, about a math problem." Michael stammered, and I already knew that he was lying.

"Why didn't you call him yourself?" I groaned, not understanding why Michael decided to bother me when he didn't even need to in the first place.

"This is an emergency, Stella. Give him the phone." Michael demanded.

I passed the phone to Luke, who just rolled his eyes. "He needs help with his homework or something."

"Hello?" Luke took the phone and put it to his ear, also seeming like he was annoyed with Michael. "Do you need - hey! Michael, that is not a math problem!"

I laughed quietly to myself at the fact that I was right, Michael had lied to me. It was funny, how he thought that he could do that. I always figured him out.

"No. Jesus, Michael, I don't know. Go Google it..." Luke paused. "You already did? Michael, how is that stuff not on Google - are you using Yahoo or something?"

I tried to focus back on my homework again while Luke was talking but I just couldn't concentrate, the conversation that he was having with Michael was too funny. I loved when Michael and Luke were actually getting along with each other, because they really could be good friends if they tried. They were a good match for each other, and it was cute to see my boyfriend and my best friend interacting like this.