~Seventeen~

A/N: Yay! Another multi-update for Piper!! You guys are so lucky I love writing this book so much :p

A couple more weeks passed by since the wedding.

The craze about all the photos of me and Harry slowly began to die - but there was a fair bit of curiosity from the fans about who I actually was that still lingered around on Twitter every now and then. But, the fact that my Twitter inbox and notifications remained practically inactive made it pretty clear to me that no-one had figured it out yet. Perhaps nobody was really making an effort to try and find out who I was - because I haven't been seen with Harry again since the wedding, so maybe people were starting to think that our time together was like a one-off.

Well, no matter what the reason was, I was grateful for it. I've been keeping on my guard and trying to prepare myself for having a fuckload of hate thrown at me from every direction one day - but the fact that I haven't had to worry about any of that so far has been quite a relief.

Harry & I had been keeping in contact regularly.

With the premiere of Dunkirk coming up in just a month, Harry and the rest of the movie cast & crew were constantly being invited for press conferences and talk show interviews to discuss the film. Therefore, Harry had not yet found the time to drive down to Worthing so that we can hang out again. But it doesn't matter, because he still tries to put some time aside to text me at least every other day - which I thought was so sweet of him. He didn't really have a reason to stay in contact with me so frequently - and yet he still does it all the same. And, I have to admit...I'm not really sure why.

I was stretched out on the sofa that night, watching Ice Age with Piper and Ashley in order to pass the time until Piper had to go to bed. Piper had previously been cuddling with me while we watched the film - but she now seemed more interested in sitting on the floor to be closer to the telly. But, as I sat there, shifting my gaze between the movie and Piper - I suddenly felt my phone vibrating in my jeans' pocket - prompting me to frown slightly and pull the device out to switch it on and check who'd just sent me a text.

Harry
Hello, Leah. Have you been keeping your...

Realizing that I needed to unlock my phone to see the full message, I smiled softly and did so - feeling quite excited to see what he had texted me.

Hello, Leah. Have you been keeping yourself up to date with my press interviews? :)

I felt my smile grow as I began to tap out a reply.

Yeah. But only because I've had nothing better to do 😝

He replied quickly.

Rude :( I thought you liked me.

I couldn't help letting out a little giggle.

I'm jokinggg! Of course I like you. And I've been enjoying the interviews a lot!!

Another rapid reply from him said: That's more like it :) so, are you excited to see Dunkirk?

Me: Of course!! I can't wait. Seeing you play an asshole of a character should be an interesting experience.

Harry: Oh yeah. Playing a character like Alex was an interesting experience for me too. It was fun though.

Me: You don't die in the movie though, right? Please tell me you don't die :(

Harry: I have no idea, Leah. I haven't seen the film yet.

Me: Aw come on! :( If you tell me what happens to Alex I won't tell anyone else, I promise.