Chapter 5: Inner Demon

Before he knew it, Feng Lei already arrived in his room and was now sitting again on his bed, trying to make sense of what happened inside the hall.

"Child, if you think that I would go easy on you because of your tender age, then you're wrong. My lessons will be filled with challenges and hardships. Do you still dare to accept me as your teacher?" Long Jinhai inquired.

Without much hesitation, Feng Lei once again nodded his head.

This great uncle, seeing the amount of power and authority you hold over these officials, if I don't dare to accept, then I'll truly be blind.

[That might not necessarily be true. Even the novel doesn't have any information regarding this character. He might not be that powerful.]

System-bro, don't you know that those who doubt the one with great power will achieve nothing in return?

[...You just invented that quote, didn't you?]

Nonsense! That's a very famous quote from my original world!

[Liar. Don't think that you can fool me! I live inside your head!]

...I forgot about that.

"Since you have already made your decision, do not regret when you face hardships in the future. Our lessons will start tomorrow. I expect you to already be at the training grounds by the Chen hour." Long Jinhai said coldly and disappeared back into the shadows. (A/N Chen hour is 8 am.)

Ai... No matter how hard I think about it, I still don't know anything about what happened. The plot already diverted too far from the original one. What exactly is the intention of those so called gods for sending me here and changing the plot so much?

[Don't think about it too much. You'll just get a headache from it.]

Now that you mention headaches. I think I'm starting to get one. Ugh...

Feng Lei rubbed his temples and laid on the bed powerlessly, staring at the ceiling with a blank expression.

I want to go back home. Back to Beijing. I wonder... How mom and dad are doing... Did my sister finally get the job she wants? Are they doing well?... Do they miss me?