[39] Date

Avery Holmes

  A few days later, I woke up in Niall's arms. I had to admit, this was something that I had missed those few days that we were apart. He smelled like cologne and laundry detergent, and so I buried my face into his chest.

  "You awake?" He chuckled. My eyes shot open- hadn't he been asleep?

  "Uh, yeah." I said, blushing a bit. "What time is it?"

  "A little after nine." He kissed my cheek loudly and I giggled, kicking him lightly.

  "I should wake Aimee." I said, rubbing my eye and starting to sit up. His arms were stronger, though, and he pulled me right back down into his chest. 

  "Already taken care of, she had breakfast and is now playing with Oliver and Louis. Stay with me for a little?" He practically begged. He knew exactly what he was doing- because I was blushing so much and it made him laugh.

  "Don't I get a good morning kiss?" He teased. I groaned and sat up, fixing my hair, knowing that he was watching me. I'm not sure what he found appealing of me this early in the morning- my hair looked beyond ratchet and I had a tank top and sweatpants on.

  "Once I brush my teeth." I said, hopping off of the bed. He groaned and I heard the bed creaking as he got up as well.

  "It's okay, we both have morning breath!" He whined.

  "Gross, Niall." I shot him a glance and headed into the bathroom, where I grabbed my toothbrush and started to brush my teeth. He joined me, too, grabbing his toothbrush that sat beside Aimee's tiny Barbie one that she loved.

  "So," I said as I finished up. "What's on the agenda for today?"

  Niall spit and rinsed, and then set his toothbrush down on the sink.

  "Well," He began. "Maybe we can go on a date." He suggested. I snorted, walking past him and grabbing a washcloth to wash my face with. It always bothered me how shiny my face was in the morning.

  "That will never work." I said. "We're not even allowed down to the lobby."

  "It's already worked out, babe. I talked to Sam and he said he can clear the restaurant down by the lobby for us, and that he can make sure we aren't seen. It's golden." He grinned, obviously proud of himself.

  I smiled at his idea. How nice would it be, just to get out for a bit?

  "Alright." I agreed. "What about childcare for Aimee?"

  "Is that even a question? Any one of the boys, or Darcy, or Oliver can watch her." He said. I smiled and nodded, happy that things were working between us and we were getting to go out. If you could really count this as "going out", that is.

  "I think you're trying to distract me from gettin' that kiss." He teased. I chuckled and took a few strides over to him, crashing my lips against his. He chuckled into the kiss and pulled away shortly, resting his chin on my forehead.

  "You're a really good kisser, Ave." He whispered.

  "I try." I said sarcastically. "Now, when are we going?"