And the meeting

Knock knock knock

But the hug, now two-sided, was short lived as we both jumped, startled, to the sound of the door being knocked. We still had our arms wrapped around the other and, with a flourish, we finally untangled our limbs, and sat looking dumbly at the door.

"Go open the door" A gruff voice called from behind us.

We turned quickly, wide eyed, to look at a grumpy looking Diego who, by the looks of it, had been awake for quite some time "Josh, come on! Up up"

I blink, trying to process the situation as a messy haired Diego starts motioning for me to get up, flailing his arms, as I'm almost glued to the floor when it dawns on me who and why the person is at the door.

Fuck, what time is it? Why is she here already?

I recover and get up in two seconds flat, opening the door and facing a smiling Clara. She's dressed in a sweater and skirt, boots and mittens.

"Ready, babe?" I gulp and find myself at a loss.
"Uh" I blurt out intelligently but thankfully I'm interrupted by two bodies at each side, squishing me in the middle. I step back a little and let both boys crowd my girlfriend's space.

She doesn't seem taken aback by this, both guys now resting their arms high on the door frame, and I see Clara blush a little and smile even wider.

"Hey, Clara" Diego says innocently in a small greeting.

They knew each other already so it's no surprise that the girl in the room just nods in a silent hello.

"So this is the girlfriend, huh?" I feel my neck tense and I have to ease some ghost ache from my shoulders a little at the implications behind those words, but Cris' tone is lighthearted and playful, so I relax a little and ignore the feeling of nervousness rising in my stomach.

"Hello, yes" She giggles and removes her gloves, shoving a hand forward "And you are?"

"A friend of Diego" The taller one takes her hand and shakes it and I relax a little more "Cris, nice to meet you, Clara"

What I hadn't realized until now that both guys were still shirtless, pretty used to ignoring shirtless guys around me, so I briskly walk in between them, shoving them aside and back into the room.

"Okay, don't get too friendly" I step out of the room and close the door in their smirking faces "Get dressed before talking to a woman. Jesus, guys!" I hear them laughing on the other side and I feel lighter than ever.

It feels like I've been in a constant state of worry for the last year, but now finally my life is going back to normal, if even a little.

"Are you ready?" Clara repeats and I finally sigh, relaxed and content.

"Let me grab my phone and wallet, I'll meet you downstairs" I kiss her on the cheek and she walks away as I turn back to my room, finding the door open and both of the guys already dressed.

"You guys are never coming near her again" A round of laughs fills the small space and after a minute I find myself in Clara's car, and on the way to her parent's house.

We arrive to their porch some time later, and I'm even more winded up than any other time over the last decade of my life. I couldn't help but bouncing my leg the whole way over, switching between legs every so often, focusing on not making much sound while at it, and biting my lip every time a bad thought crossed my mind.

What if I make a fool out of myself? What will I talk to them about? I have absolutely no idea what to say to them, do I tell them about me? Or our ...relationship?