Chapter Six: [new responsibilities]

"Danger is very real, but fear is a choice."

Indigo's back rattled against the wall, her breath shaking her body violently. Yellow sap began to drip from her nose and sputtered from her mouth. Standing across the room as he helped at the medical table, Stiles looked over horrifically, eyes softened as his body ached in every shape and form as he resisted the boy on the table, Brett, and watched as Indigo groaned in pain against the wall. With only one medical table and Brett in a much longer condition, he was first priority.

Stiles was shoved and he grunted, looking back to Brett who was in bad, if not worse, stage of the wolfsbane. Brett was rumbling the metal table, his muscles and veins bulging and his werewolf strength not making it any easier for Stiles or Derek to hold him. Stiles eyebrows furrowed as he began using both of his arms to hold down one of Brett's.

"What the hell is happening to them?" He snapped, looking up to a rushing Deaton who walked around the table, scalpel in hand.

  "They've been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane. I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible."

The two pressed harder on Brett, but it was as if their strength was zero to ten. Stiles looked to Derek with frustration.

"Hey, Derek-" Stiles scoffed. "How about a little werewolf strength"

Derek sighed, jaw clenching as he did his best to hold down his side. "Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength."

Deaton looked to the two, waiting to make the incision. "If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him."

Annoyed, the two attempted at trying harder to hold him still. Stiles felt his arms begin to tire and wear out, his ability to hold Brett becoming a problem.

"Derek, he's slipping." Stiles shook his head as he did his best to prolong the hold he had, which wasn't much. "I don't think I can hold him-"

Brett grunted and sprung from the table, scratching Derek and shoving Stiles, who slammed into a counter. He hissed in pain on his hip, holding his arm which hit as well. Brett stared him down and Indigo watched, becoming worried. She only saw Brett move an inch before she lunged herself off the wall and held her stomach with one hand, pushing Brett away with the other in a cry of pain as she used muscle.

Brett tumbled a bit, but soon, a hand punched his face, causing him to completely collapse to the floor to reveal Peter Hale.

His eyes were blue and his smirk present. "I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself."

Indigo sighed, out of breath, and stumbled backwards and readied to hit a wall, but after she heard the squeaks of sneakers, her back slammed into the chest of Stiles Stilinski, his arms catching her as gently as possible.

"Yeah-" Derek slowly spoke, as he looked down to his scratch, which just now began healing. "Maybe more than a little."

Stiles checked on Indigo, making sure she wasn't about to start convulsing, before looking down to Brett. He furrowed his eyebrows when he didn't see the boy's chest rising and falling, like before.

"Hey, Doc, I don't think he's breathing."

Deaton kneeled down and checked for a moment, before making the incision on Brett's chest. Yellow dust erupted and slowly dissipated into the air, just as Brett began to breathe again. His lips moved slowly and a whisper was tough to make out.