|Four|

Dominique's POV

I can't stand it, I need her. She's my other half, my life, my love. Without her I am nothing.

I rub my fingers over the scruff on my chin as I watch her converse with her father and his love interest. She throws her head back laughing at something her father said, her eyes light up, crinkling at the sides. She's so beautiful.

I can't blame her for being afraid when I admitted my undying love for her, it was all to quick for her. Not to mention that idiot putting thoughts into her head. I know she loves me, she may not even realize it yet, but she does.

All throughout the years I've been doing things for her, she never even knew. When she would move up a grade I would always change what grade I was teaching just so I could be with her. That continued until she hit middle school, that was as far as I was allowed to go.

When she turned twelve I left a gift on her windowsill, it was a bracelet with her initials on it, I changed her last initial to the one it would be in the future, which is my last name. She never understood where it came from but she knew it was given to her in love. She probably hoped it was her father who had done so but it wasn't. I was so glad when he left, all he was ever doing was causing her harm. I had to hold back so many times from stomping in that house, ripping him away from her and taking her to the place I've prepared and never letting her go.

I remember when she hit puberty, a time typically thought of as an awkward stage of transition. But no, my baby went right through it with beauty and grace. Her supple breasts began to grow as her hips flared out so deliciously. Many a night I had to have one of my men to watch over her because I knew I simply couldn't control myself.

She entered high school and it became very evident how unusual she was. If anyone was just slightly different from everyone else, they were trampled down, made fun of. Like a rose fallen from its branch, stomped and trodden on. My Clarke was teased, made fun of and publicly humiliated.

My poor baby.

Now that she's grown she's even more stunning, if that's even possible. As soon as they moved into this house I immediately bought the one across from her, and she has no idea. I always park in the back yard so she won't see me, I also pay people to do my yard work. This way I am close enough to my baby girl so I can protect her.

I love it when she works in her little flower garden, that's when she's alone. When she hums to herself as she bends over teasing me. Oh what she does to me.

I clench my jaw when that boy wraps his arms around her waist smelling her hair.

I clench my eyes shut tugging roughly at my hair. "She's mine!" I accidentally yell out loud. I open my eyes and try to calm my breathing for a moment. I look over and see her guests pulling out of the driveway, Showtime.

I carefully and quickly walk over and leave my letter with my signature rose on top. I knock on the door and rush back.

I squint my eyes when I see him open the door and look angrily down at the letter. He looks around trying to see who left it.

He can't even protect her. Only you can, only you can protect what is yours.

I nod agreeing with my subconscious. He picks the letter up and rips it into pieces. I can feel my claws come out as well as my horns, letting me know without looking that I've turned over.

Little does he know that I know things about him no one else does. And once these things are made known to my sweet baby she'll have nothing to do with him. I can't wait.

I smile and start laughing.

Soon.

Soon I will have her again, and this time, I'm not letting her go.

____________________

                  Mason's POV

I feel Clarke wiggle beside me and I know she's fixing to wake up. My little kitten always wakes up in the middle of the night, She's done that since she was little.

I keep my eyes closed pulling her closer and kiss her forehead. I can feel her tiny finger trace patterns on my shirt covered chest. I shudder in delight, rubbing her back.

I open my eyes to see the most beautiful sight in the whole world, Clarke with messy hair, pouting pink lips and soft eyes. Knowing she's agreed to be mine and to have me as hers just makes the whole situation even better. Not to mention the fact that we're trying for our own baby.

"What are you thinking about?" She questions in her adorably soft morning voice.

I move my hand from her back to her stomach and start massaging the flesh there. "About us." I whisper looking down at her abdomen. A toothy smile crawls its way into my face as I picture being able to wake up like this and lay my hands on her swollen belly, feeling the kick of our child.

She smiles cupping my face, leaning up to kiss my lips gently. "I can't wait either." I smile sleepily rubbing my nose against hers causing her to let out a breathy chuckle.

"You need your rest darling, it's three in the morning." She whispers nestling her head below my chin. "You do too." I yawn pecking her head as we both drift back to sleep.

___________________

Clarke insisted on trying this new coffee shop close to the publishing office we work at. I laugh as she bounces in excitement while we wait in line. Since she's standing in front of me I wrap my arms around her waist and rest my chin on her head.

"Next!" The boy at the counter yells. Is it really necessary to yell?

Clarke pulls from my grasp bolting to the counter. "Hi I'll have a large mocha frappe please." She smiles. The boy finally looks up and immediately stands up straighter. He puts on a flirtatious smile and types in her order, "Anything else babe?" He winks. Prick.

I step forward and wrap my arm around Clarke, "Yes I'll have a large black coffee and it would be great if you would quit flirting with my wife." I growl.

He looks up at me with wide eyes and nods quickly trying to finalize our transaction. I sigh pulling Clarke to the side as she grabs my hand in both of hers trying to calm me down.

I smile down at her in appreciation as her name is called. She pulls away to get our coffee and I smile shaking my head. I'm so lucky.

I look over to my left and see a dark figure sitting in the far booth. I look around the people in the crowded coffee shop to try and see who the man is. I don't know what it is but I have a bad feeling about it.

"Ready to go?" Clarke breaks me out of my thoughts, "Yeah lets go." I place my hand on her back and gently guide her out of the cafe in a hurry.

Dominique makes me nervous 😂 he's pretty intense.

Please vote if you liked it.

Thanks so much for the votes and comments so far!