chapter two

Raphael's POV
"I'm sorry miss Jackson but you can't get the job. I think you are not qualified enough " I say to the woman dressed indecently before me.

Her face fell and she adjusted on her sit leaning closer to me.

"I think I'm really qualified" she whispers and I look up at her then point my fingers towards the door. She scoffs and walks out letting out small whimpers.

I call my secretary to let the next person in and proceed to take the file. Shortly, I hear low small knocks and I mumble a "come in".

A funny looking girl stumbled in tripping on her own feet and holding the air as support. I press my hand on the bridge of my nose and sigh. Another fake person.

She chuckles awkwardly and makes herself present before me. Immediately she saw me, she turned away quickly.

"where are you going? " I question and she turns to me.

She looked so familiar

Her fitted skirt lay on her body like a second skin emphasizing all her curves in the right places. Her big brown eyes stared widely at me. It wasn't her eye color that intrigued me, it was her heavy eyelids with her smeared mascara that intrigued me. Her lips were a bright red that looked like she applied only little lipstick. Her delicate ears formed a button nose.

Its her!

I can never forget that face. The girl at Vegas.

I composed myself again so she would not know that I recognized her. Maybe she didn't recognize me too.

I ask her if she thinks she is qualified for the job and we discuss for a while, Which includes getting coffee, laundry etc.

Whenever I look up from the papers, I catch her staring at me. This girl

After the time in Vegas, I promise to make her pay. No woman can ever do that to me. After all, I am her boss except she quits.

I show her her cubicle and her eyes widen on the papers. I tell her what they are for and instruct her on what to do next. I know it's going to be difficult but that's what I want.

After she starts working with her files, I start with mine too. Been a CEO was very hard. If you go down, the company goes down with you. All my mother's pestering on getting married, younger siblings always pestering me. And for some few days, I haven't been getting enough sleep.

******

"I'm leaving" emiliana says tiredly after finishing her work. I nod at her and I hear her scoff.

I settle myself on the chair after the door slams shut. Immediately, my phone rings and it was mother. I know it will be another long talk.

"Raphael" her voice comes in. She always calls me to make sure I'm home but I'm never home since I'm a busy man.

"hey mom" I say loudly enough for her to hear.

"you aren't home yet, that's bad, I wanted you to meet someone " she says then mumbles something to someone with her.

"sorry mom, I have some work to finish. Who did you want me to meet" I ask holding my iPhone with shoulder against my ear then scribbling some things down.

"it will be a surprise what about meeting at lunch tomorrow. Please? " she begs.

"mother are you going around matchmaking again ?" I ask not really paying attention to her but on my files on the table.

She laughs heartily before ending the call.

******

Emiliana's POV