Chapter 19

Grace sat on the floor in a warehouse in the middle of Chicago and stared at a coffin. What a lovely view. Unfortunately it wasn't Elijah's. Klaus and Stefan had left her on watching his damn sister wake up.

Of course Klaus couldn't stop himself from giving her a subtle warning. His trust was surely something she would never really earn. Rightfully so.

"Don't waste your time trying to find your beloved here. He's somewhere else, far away from your sneaky little hands." 

She memorized the words he spoke with a cocky grin.

Before they came here, they were at the bar of some witch whose name Grace already had forgotten again. The elderly woman had babbled about a talisman and that Stefan had history with Klaus and his sister back in the 20's. It was all way to confusing for her, so she zoned out quickly, bewaring herself from a throbbing headache from all this nonsense. 

But now the boys were back on witch-business and Grace was alone to keep Klaus' baby sister in check. However she should defend herself against an angry Original...She would have to talk reason into the girl. Which wouldn't be an easy task as she probably was stabbed for a century now. 

While she sat there, she thought about the hybrid's method of terrorizing his own family. How horrible it must be to be taken down like this. Immortal, but still vulnerable to their brother's wrath. Decades, centuries taken from them. Grace hoped Elijah wasn't suffering in this state. He hands started to shake by the thought of him. She missed him by her side badly. He would've known what to do, like he always did. 

Standing up, she checked on the guy Klaus compelled to be his sister's snack. Compulsion was another topic. Grace hadn't learnt it until today, no one had ever bothered to show her how. She had tried herself, but failed miserably. 

Grabbing the man's shoulder she looked deeply into his eyes and tried to mimic what Stefan and Klaus did when they compelled humans. She could still remember how horrible it felt when she got everything back in transition, so she actually felt pretty bad that she even tried.

"Go to the door and back." 

Her gaze was intense and she stretched her willpower as much as she could, but something inside her resented it. She just couldn't. Sighing she turned around as the guy's pupils didn't dilate, he just looked at her confused. 

Fortunately, she was ripped out of the awkward situation when she heard a groan coming out of the coffin. Finally the girl woke up, Grace was sick of sitting there alone. 

Unsurprisingly, the younger Original didn't seem to be in her best mood. Suddenly, the coffin was empty and Grace was pinned to the ground. The face of a snarling blonde beauty hovering over her, grabbing her by her throat, ready to rip the younger vampires head off. 

"Who are you?"

She growled angrily, the veins around her eyes still pulsating. Grace coughed as her hand started to squeeze, but she wasn't afraid. Klaus wouldn't have left her there if he wasn't 100 percent sure that his sister wouldn't dare kill her immediately. Well, and maybe he finally learnt his lesson that Grace could look out for herself.

Grace patted the blonde's hand so she could speak. Glaring at her, she released her grip a little. 

"I'm Grace, nice to meet you, too. Your brother told me to wait here until you wake. I'm not your enemy here, take your understandable rage out on him, please." 

She shrugged the Original off and jumped to her feet afterwards. The girl's expression was confused, trying to take everything in. Grace then had the time to look at her clothing. She wore a beautiful flapper dress with fitting jewelry and a head band that held her messy curls in place. A little pain pinched the vampire's heart when she remembered how long it had been since she had gotten a look at  a proper history book.