Back in town// Is everything okay?

Asher's POV:

The moment we entered the room, I witnessed for the first time ever, Noah Rose Carson's walls slowly falling down. She had never been more vulnerable in her life as we slowly stepped over to our sons sleeping body. She drifted from me and went to the opposite side of the bed. I stared down at him as Noah picked up his little hand and pressed a kiss against it.

I stared at the adorable little boy. He looks like me, but I think he has more of Noah's features than my own. The boys all look just like their mother, Harvey looks most like me.

My jaw clenched as I thought about what he'd gone through, because of my parents, his grandparents. His lip was busted, arms and face were black and blue, he had a cut on his cheek bone but he was still one of the four most beautiful things I've ever laid eyes on. Theodore, Gabriel, Noah, and now him.

There is no way my parents are getting away with this with a slap on the wrist and only a few years of jail time. I'm going to wish that they never lived to create me, I'm going to make them wish that their entire family blood lines have been killed off this earth long before they were even a thought. It always seems like my father forgets who I am. I'm Asher fucking Storms. His damned son. He acts as if those years of abuse weren't to make me a 'real man'. He forgets that he's the one who taught me everything I know, and as I've grown older, I've learned more. But I'm going to make him remember that his little innocent baby isn't so innocent anymore, and it's his fault.

He can beat the shit out of me, out of Jace, he could nearly kill my mother, he could kill off the entire human race and I wouldn't give a shit. But the second he messes with my family, all hell will quite literally and figuratively.

"I'll go let everyone know he's okay." I said, deciding to give him and Noah a moment alone. She nodded and I placed a kiss on my sons forehead before turning heels and making my way down the hall and onto the elevator. When I finally reached the main lobby where Caden, Avery, her sisters, Jude, Stephan, the guys, Axel, Cole, Taylor and Stephan were waiting, they all jumped up.

"What's going on? Is everything okay?" Avery; Noah's mom was the first to speak, instantly, questions came shooting at me.

"Guys!" I shouted holding my hands up and they all silenced, "Harvey is okay. The surgery went great and he's in recovery right now. He should be awake at any minute now."

"Did you see him?" Cameron asked me and I nodded.

"What does he look like?" Stephan asked instantly and everyone began cooing over him. I don't blame them, I mean, he is one cute kid.

"He has my hair and some of my features but looks mostly like Noah." I said in attempts to shut them the fuck up as the boys began to stir awake.

"Daddy?" Theo yawned as Gabe rushed to my side. I picked him up as well as Theo when he approached me.

"Well, when can we see him?" Damien asked me in a 'duh' tone.

I sighed, "I don't think Noah wants anyone up there yet, she needs a little bit to take it all in. She was really torn at the sight.

"How bad?" Caden sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Pretty bad. I don't want the twins in there yet either, they don't need to see their brother the way he is." I stated and they all nodded, I looked at Caden and Avery, "You guys'll keep an eye on them?"

"Of course," Avery said to me. "It's getting late so we'll take them home and be back in the morning."

I nodded and hugged the boys goodbye before they left. Slowly, one by one everyone left. The only ones who stayed was Damien, Blake, Jude and Jace. Stephan will be back later, he just left to get Noah some clothes and Rhiannon left to get me some.

"Alright, I'll be back down soon." I said and they nodded. I made my way back upstairs and when I approached the room, I stopped in my tracks. Noah was sitting at the end of the bed, singing to him. He smiled up at Noah and the entire scene warmed my heart.

"Cause you brought the flames and you put me through hell. I had to learn how to fight for myself. And we both know all the truth I could tell. I'll just say this is 'I wish you farewell'." She sang angelically, "I hope you're somewhere prayin', prayin' I hope your soul is changin', changin'. I hope you find your peace. Falling on your knees, prayin'." The nurses who were in the room were smiling at the two as well as they were writing stuff again. "I'm proud of who I am. No more monsters, I can breathe again." She sang and Harvey giggled, "And you said that I was done. Well, you were wrong and now the best is yet to come..'Cause I can make it on my own and I don't need you, I found a strength I've never known." She pointed to him, "I'll bring thunder, I'll bring rain, oh when I'm finished, they won't even know your name."

He smiled and she let out a weak laugh and stopped. "That's the song mommy sings when she needs to remember that she's strong. I remember everything that I went through, and if you ever get sad and need to remember, you can listen to it, or ask mommy to sing it. Anything."

"Will my daddy sing it?" He asked softly and I cracked a grin and leaned against the door frame.

"If he doesn't, mama will fight him until he does." She stated matter of factly which made an eruption of giggles come from his chest. I walked into the room after the nurses exited and slipped an arm around Noah and pressed a kiss against her cheek before looking at Harvey who looked completely awe-struck.

"Hey kiddo." I said and moved away from Noah, and sat next to him on the bed. "I'm your dad."

That's all it took for him to tackle me in a hug. I let out a laugh and gladly hugged him back, careful not to pull at the IV's.