Chapter 34: A Forgotten Enemy

Third Person POV

Not far from Jump City, in a grungy motel, a hooded figure entered one of the rooms. He threw the room key and four small black bags on the nightstand before staring at the bed. From under their hood, the figure raised an eyebrow at the poorly made bed, but couldn't help but stare at it in awe. Even though he had been Champion and that comes with certain privileges, they never gave him a bed. How long had it been since he had slept on anything that gave him the slightest bit of comfort? Well, there was the time when-

"Oi, Boss." A gruff voiced man said from behind the figure, interrupting his thoughts. The figure whipped around, grabbing the owner of the gruff voice by the throat and squeezing, staring at them with his burning blood red eyes. "B-Boss... It's just me..." The gruff voiced minion managed to squeak out.

The figure immediately loosened his grip on his captive and watched as he fell to the ground. "Pathetic." The figure muttered, turning away from the gruff voiced male. "What do you have to report, insect." 

The figure's minion coughed a few times before adjusting their hat and rising to face his master. "The others have been keeping an eye on him as you ordered. His location is known to us." The gruff voice reported, "Problem is, we have a lot of other people to deal with if we want to take him down."

The figure frowned. Was that his goal? Was that what he had ordered so long ago? To take him down? Wasn't it just to take him? No, he was an obstacle, another insect he needed to stomp out of existence. No, wait... That wasn't it... He wanted to make him his...

The figure suddenly clutched their head and sank to their knees, groaning in agony. His heart beat was racing and his vision was going blurry. The lights shined in his eyes, and there was a buzzing sound in his ears. His chest burned as the voices returned. They were angry, but he couldn't tell if they were angry at him or...

"Boss? Boss!" The gruff voiced minion shouted, concern obvious in their tone.

"Black... Bag..." Was all the hooded figure replied as they pulled at the hood covering their face. Their body was trembling and the air in the room seemed to get a lot thicker. The lights were getting brighter and the voices were screaming now.

The minion scanned the room, searching for a black bag. He spotted it on the nightstand and quickly grabbed it in his talons. He handed it to his master who greedily poured the contents out of the bag into his hand before tossing whatever had been in the bag into his mouth. After a moment, the figure returned to a normal state.

The figure stared at the black bag in his gloved hands. This was bad. The symptoms were getting worse and he had a limited amount of supplies. He was running out of time. He needed to find his target and fast. 

"Send a message to the others." The figure commanded, rising to his feet. His eyes burned with a fiery passion. He didn't care how long he had been gone. Twenty years is a long time to be gone; but not long enough for his target to have gotten much stronger, especially without a skilled mentor. Even if his target had gotten stronger, the figure was not concerned. He was Champion, in every sense of the word. The figure faced his minion, a sly grin cracking his hardened features, fangs glinted in the moonlight 

"I will be coming very soon."

Hey-o, it's Normal Line Break. That seemed like quite the opener huh? Bet the suspense is ramped up. Or maybe I don't know anything and you're all like 'meh whatever'. Anyways, enjoy the rest of the chapter I guess.

Cyborg, Beast Boy and Danny were all currently down in the garage. Cyborg had finally agreed to letting Danny help him with a system test on the T-Car after their latest battle with Gizmo. Beast Boy tagged along because he felt that this was going to be interesting.