twenty-nine

Gluttony stepped out of the dining hall and then stopped to hear the doors quietly click back into place. His breath was moving at such a quick pace he would have guessed he was running a marathon if he didn't know the context. His arms were shaking and his head was throbbing.

He had a right to feel this way... didn't he? He had his reasons to say what he had said, he was angry, and the llamas had been what made him topple into the deep end. Everything he had been wanting to say for months had been shouted at Pride in a big megaphone. Pride had deserved every word that he shouted, even if he was whispering it to him, the words still meant a lot more than that.

However, Gluttony knew that shouting didn't make his words any less bad than they already were; the knot in his stomach that was forming was proof.

But in the back of his mind, Gluttony knew Pride had right to feel his own way as well.

Pride was prideful. Of course, he was full of himself, pride was what his bones were made of and why he was named the reason he was named. But that couldn't stop Gluttony from wanting to smash his face into a wall.

Why did Pride want to feel like they were doing something right? They weren't - they weren't. Why would evil sins want to do anything good? It was like a car trying to be a boat - how would that ever turn out brilliantly?

At first, their plan was to simply take the girls and change them into horrible versions of themselves. Covering up their incorrupt nature so they could finally take what was theirs, and get a taste of what the girls had before they were ever in existence.

But their plan failed when it succeeded.

It made Gluttony sick to think that all of them thought that this was once a good idea. The sun on his face, once he walked outside, didn't make his outlook any brighter, though it made him squint.

Why did Pride have so much hope?

On the news channel Gluttony watched occasionally while snacking lavishly, he could see that everything that they had done was broadcasted every day. In a horrible way too, Gluttony would always think to himself. Chastity's infamous "speech" replayed like a broken record, no matter what channel it seemed, no matter how frustrated Gluttony would be when all he wanted to do was watch cartoons, that clip seemed to want to be wherever he was.

He couldn't imagine how exhausting that must be for Lust. Even though it wasn't his fault or his business, all seven of them still had some connection (to a degree) for him.

Not only that but to add onto all of the havoc they caused, people were beginning to figure out what they looked like. Luckily to humans, their faces weren't detectable to their eyes, but that didn't mean that the police could be staring at pictures of blurry shots of him and finding out their body types right this instant.

Gluttony wasn't planning on going outside when he got dressed, but he was glad he was wearing a large jacket that he originally was just going to wear to lounge in. The jacket would be more than enough to hide from eyes that happened to be at the right place at the right time.

No person would ever think of finding them here, however - their mansion was hidden around a large patch of trees, so only helicopters could see it if they looked down very closely. The helicopters had seen their house before, but Wrath had quickly told them that it was simply a summer house that they owned, like any normal human beings, and the house was only in the middle of the woods so they could be protected from the wild animals in the woods. It was really a safety precaution for them.

Gluttony smiled for the first time since he'd gotten outside. 'Safety' had reminded him of the countless times Pride would shout, "safety first!" whenever he or any of the others planned on doing something remotely dangerous, like drinking acid or accidentally setting off a landmine when casually walking purposely over it.