Funeral Chapter 1

Jungkook POV

I grabbed Taehyung's hand after he threw his handful of dirt onto the casket. He shot me a smile and stepped back to let other people in the family throw theirs. After everyone threw their handful of dirt we watched as they scooped the rest of the dirt on top of the casket. People started leaving right after but Taehyung stood just staring at the newly filled grave. I lightly tugged his hand and nodded my head, "Let's go." He took one last glance at the grave and walked back to the car with me.

I opened his door and walked to the other side. I started the car and watched as Taehyung threw his bowtie into the backseat. "Fucking choking me," he mumbled under his breath. I pulled away and took us Taehyung's house. When we pulled up he got out and unlocked the door. I cut off the car and followed him inside.

"What the hell are you doing? The doctor said you could come home on the condition that you rest up," Taehyung said looking Jin. Jin was shirtless, displaying the bandages on his back. "Well I was hungry. What do you want me to do, starve? Also, watch your mouth." I smirked as I saw Taehyung's face get red with anger, "I'm a grown ass man, I can say what I want." Jin hit him with a look and immediately he recanted what he said. "And my decision is to watch my mouth," he said. Jin nodded and went back to cooking.

"Hey hyung." Jin waved at me but didn't stop cooking. I walked past Taehyung was stripping out of his shirt and opened the fridge to look for something to drink. "You guys hungry," Jin asked. I nodded, "Yeah, I am." Taehyung shook his head and reached past me, grabbing a water bottle, "No I'm not." I frowned, "You didn't eat breakfast this morning though." Taehyung said, "I know, but I'm just not hungry." I looked at him for a long time before giving up and nodding.

"I have some work to do so I'm going to be upstairs if you need me," Taehyung said walking out of the kitchen. Jin and I nodded and watched him walk out. "Is he okay," I asked. Jin smiled, "You live with him, how should I know." I rolled my eyes, "I know that, but you've known him longer than I have."

"I'm joking, but in all seriousness I don't know. I think he is," Jin said handing me my food. Right when I was about to put a bite in my mouth Jin spoke up again. "Its hot." I blew on it and put it in my mouth. It was an explosion of flavor in my mouth and I groaned, "It never fails to amaze me how well you cook." Jin smiled, "Thank you." I nodded and put another bite in my mouth. "Have you talked to Yoongi, Jiminie, or Hoseok-ah," Jin asked eating some of his food. I shook my head with my mouth full.

He nodded and pulled out a seat at the table. I walked and sat across from him, forgetting to blow on the food before putting it in my mouth. I put it in my mouth and spit it back on the plate, fanning my tongue. "Ew, Kook. Are you serious right now? I hope you know that you're washing the dishes after this," Jin groaned making a face at me. I smiled guiltily and got myself under control. "How was the funeral," he sighed before eating some of his food. I said, "Um, it was okay I guess. Taehyung kept making faces at some of the people when they tried to hug him though." Jin laughed, "Thought he might do something like that. He hasn't seen his father's family in a long time."

I smiled back and continued my food. He finished his food a while before me and put his plate in the sink. "If you thought I was joking about the washing the dishes thing, I wasn't," he said and walked out of the kitchen. I groaned and finished my food. When I finished I put my dishes in the sink and got ready to wash them.

I hummed a song as I washed and finished quickly. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch, turning on the television to pass the time while I waited for Taehyung to finish his work.

Taehyung POV

I sighed as my mind wandered off from my work again. My papers had sentences starting in one place and ending in another and also had little pencil marks all over them. I pushed them away and paced around my old room. There was a quiet knock on the door before Jin hyung came in. "Back again," he asked, watching as I paced. I nodded, "Worse too." He let out a puff of air through his nose, "You have to tell him eventually. You know that right?"

I huffed, "I will just... not right now." He nodded and gingerly pulled me into a hug. I was careful of his back as I hugged him. "How's your back feeling," I asked. He pulled back, "It stings a lot and is really sensitive, but the pain killers are helping with that. The medicine they gave me is actually working. It looks better everyday, but there's gonna be one hell of a scar." I nodded and turned him around. Slowly I peeled the bandage from his back and tilted my head. "Doesn't look too bad, the grafts are looking pretty nice. The actual burn looks terrible though, but in my opinion, not as bad as it used to."

I gently pulled the bandage back up and let Jin turn around. "If this is worse than last time, have the nightmares start back again?" I ran my fingers through my hair, "They started earlier than usual. Usually they'll start really late into October, but they started in the middle of September." Jin sighed and looked back at the door, "He's gonna find out eventually, whether its because you're awake and you say it or when you start with the sleep talking." I knocked the chair from the desk in the room and pulled on my almost red-free hair. I just got everything I need and now its going to be taken from me.

I lied, I was supposed to update this last night but I was exhausted and I'm sorry. I hope this chapter reminds you of some of the things said in the other book. Love you all and have a good day/night. PEACE!