C H A P T E R 22

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y - T W O

Two detectives entered the Ahmad's shop, causing them all to turn and face them. Marcus stood up from the couch with a confused expression on his face, wondering why who they were

Shaking both their hands, he took a step back. "Um can we help you guys with anything? Tuesdays are our walk-in days."

Holding up their badges, they nodded. "I'm Detective Langely, and this is my partner Detective Spencer .. and we're just here to question each of you individually on the on-going case of Mr. Sinclair, do you all have a minute?"

Scratching the back of his head Marcus nodded, "Yeah, how long will this be though?"

"Not long, anywhere private we can talk?"

"Yeah his office,"

"Lead the way please,"

Marcus walked to the back as the two guys examined the shop with their eyes, entering his office Marcus walked in taking a seat at his desk as the two men stood before him. "This isn't going to take long at all so you guys can get back to your work .. but we just want to know what type of person was Ahmad? Was he violent? Rude? Showed any signs of delusion?"

"Ahmad ain't crazy, I grew up with him. But he did have a hard life but he was never just violent. If you guys could have been there at that cook-out you would have saw why he snapped! She damaged him, to where he had to seek therapy and to be taunted by the person who hurt you the most .. you telling me you wouldn't snap? For years he kept his mouth shut about it and here she was years later in his face making a joke out of him getting molested." Marcus explained, the detectives nodded.

"What are you to Ahmad?"

"We're brothers,"

"So you honestly believe that Ahmad didn't intentionally kill her?"

"Yes,"

"You where there so tell us from the beginning to the end on what happened."

Sighing, Marcus sat back. "Well.."

"So you're just going to leave without saying hey to your favorite auntie?"

Cali grabbed at Ahmad's arm, trying to get him to come with her but he stood there frozen. Shondra stared back at him with those same cold devilish eyes. "Little baby gon' cry like you used too?" She laughed.

Shondra was high off crack and completely forgot where she was, all she could see was Ahmad. Taking a step forward towards him, he took a step back just as he did when he was younger. "There is no one here to save you babe, so why are you stepping back?"

"Let's play our little game that we used too play, you don' got all grown on me .. I'm sure those other parts are grown too." She joked.

Ahmad closed his eyes jerking away from Cali, walking towards Shondra his hands instantly went around her neck as he choked the life out of her. He raised her off the ground screaming "No more," as she pleaded for him to stop.

Marcus tried prying his hands off her, but Ahmad was not Ahmad at the moment. He was back to that same little boy who could never defend himself, who could never prevent it from happening.

Tears streamed down his cheeks as she strangled her. She tried scratching and clawing at his hands but he wasn't letting up. He wanted her to hurt, he wanted her to feel the pain he felt for so many years. When he finally let go her body dropped to the ground as she laid there lifeless. Ahmad stood over her as he breathed heavily staring down at her.