Soul Mate

{Modern|SoulMate AU}
                        ||Drabble||

            It was a cold winter morning in the condo of the 18 year old, Keith Kogane. He sat on the edge of his bed, staring blankly at his wrist where the small timer counted down, his violet eyes scanning over the bold numbers repeatedly, his mind racing with thoughts and his heart beating with anticipation.

0 Days 12 Hours 25 minutes 10 Seconds

      Who was his soulmate? Was it a boy or girl? What did they look like? We're they just as nervous as he was? He let out a soft sigh and ran his digits through his tousled, black, mop of hair.

           The teen pushed himself off his bed, His bare feet made contact with the cold wooden floors, goosebumps decorating his pale skin. He walked over to his dresser and began to pull out some clothes that consisted of a pair of jeans and a simple black T-shirt. He decided to look presentable for his fated lover.

          Keith took a quick shower, ate some breakfast and headed out. He looked down at his wrist again and read the numbers.

0 Days 9 Hours 5 Minutes 25 Seconds

       Nervousness coursed through his veins, he began to walk on the sidewalk, his breathes coming out as puffs of mist due to the cold weather.

        The raven haired teen didn't know where he was headed, but he didn't care, no matter where he went he would probably meet his mate, he looked up at the grey skies and wondered where or what his soulmate was doing at this very moment. Walking around mindlessly like him? Hanging out with some friends? Looking for their soulmate?

         These thoughts kept swirling in Keith's head, the more he wandered, the more time ticked by.

         He stopped for a nice warm cup of coffee and decided to head to a nearby square. Although Keith didn't necessarily like visiting the heart of the city, he was looking for someone in particular. He sat on a bench alone and waited, many faces passed as the time flew by.

        He occasionally saw couples, animatedly talking and holding eachother, he would scrunch up his nose when they'd act cheesy towards one another. He looked down at his wrist again.

0 Days 1 Hours 5 Minutes 5 Seconds

        He took a sip of his coffee and continued to watch the crowd bustle and move about in the square. Everyone of those people in the crowd had the same exact timer on their wrists, in different numbers. Some more than others, or some who didn't have one since they had found their 'one'.

         After finishing his cup of coffee, Keith walked over to a nearby trash can and threw his cup away, he looked down at his wrist once more.

0 Days 0 Hours 10 Minutes 29 Seconds

            He let out a shakey breath and began to walk into the middle of the square were there was a statue surrounded by benches, surely he'd find him or her there...

            The minutes went by rather quickly, soon it was at 60 seconds.

         Keith's heart pounded against his rib cage, his head was spinning, and it seemed like his stomach was doing flips.

            His breathing became short and ragged, beads of sweat began to form on his forehead, causing him to wipe them away. He gulped nervously and waited in anticipation, looking down at his wrist one last time.

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

          He felt a small tap on his shoulder, making him jolt and turn around quickly. His deep purple eyes clashed with {E/C}, his heart was beating so hard he swore this stranger could hear it. They stared at eachother in silence until a small clinking noise knocked them out of their trance.

         They looked at the ground and saw two timers that had fallen from their wrists.

0 Days 0 Hours 0 Minutes 0 Seconds

           Their eyes trailed to the place where the timers once rested on their skin. Instead of the timer, a name written in cursive, black ink replaced it.

        The names were their lovers.

     Keith looked down at the name of his soulmate engraved into his wrist.

                           "________..."

                             "Keith..."

       They spoke in unison and looked up at eachother, blushing and then letting out a gentle laugh.

           "So you're my soulmate?"

    "Well your name is _______, right? I'm Keith, Keith Kogane..."

               Keith held his hand out for this beautiful stranger known as his soulmate, _________, to shake. She smiled and took his hand, shaking it.

    "Yep, ________, ________   __{L/N}__, it's a pleasure to meet you Keith..."

          Keith looked up at the girl, she had {H/L}, {H/C}, {Hair Texture} locks that complimented the shape of her face. Her smile was genuine and could outshine the stars, as cheesy as that sounds. She was a little shorter than him by a few inches, and her {S/C} was the most beautiful thing about her.

        They stared into eachother's eyes for what seemed like forever until a nonexistent force began to pull them in closer, like two magnets. Soon they were merely centimeters apart, Keith decided to take the lead and close the gap, exchanging a sweet kiss with ________. Her arms found themselves around his neck and his were cupping her hips, they smiled into the kiss and pulled away.

                         "...Wow..."

      They spoke in unison and smiled softly, letting out an airy laugh. A small blush rested on their cheeks.