BONUS #1 [PART 1]: Drunk Conversations

[ TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE FIRST CHAPTER ]
[(CYNICAL) THIRD PERSON POV]

BONUS #1 (Part 1): Drunk Conversations 

It's that time of the year. Sun-kissed leaves take their leave from loving boughs and fall down to be some guy's lawn problem for the next month or so. It's the time of the year when your classic hipster chicks justify their Starbucks pumpkin spice latte by matching it with the season. If you blink once, all the Harley Quinn and Joker costumes will be gone from the shelves.

Yes. It's autumn. It's fall. It's the earth's golden season of chilly winds and giggling trick-or-treaters. And for all that this story is concerned, it means one thing and one thing only: someone's gonna lose their virginity tonight.

They say the most beautiful place to enjoy the autumn sunset is at lake. Enjoying the sunset, however, is not the reason why there is nearly a hundred young, dumb, broke high school kids at the Steffenson Lakehouse. No. If there's one thing these human containers of hormones and stupidity came here for, it's booze. That, and of course, school spirit. Westmont did just score a huge win from Clearvale earlier tonight.

What better way of celebrating than going to the after party thrown by the basketball captain, Louie Steffenson, himself? What better way than getting shitfaced with the varsity stars? Or risking getting arrested for disrupting the neighborhood? Or swinging on a tree vine and splashing down the (probably-infested) lake?

The victory party was at its peak. Kenny Driver had just emerged from the lake with little to no injuries. Another beer keg just got popped open. And a drunkard in a brown wig just entered the premises.

And amidst all of this... Trevor Jettison was shitfaced.

"Someone laced the punch," the dirty-blond boy garbled, most of his attention focused on not tripping over his feet.

There, supporting the intoxicated bamboo of a teenager, was his trusty best friend, Louie. "Oh, really? The punch?" he questioned, even though he knew it was useless. He might as well have asked rock. "So you didn't break into the cellar and took out my parent's Jack Daniel's collection?"

Trevor gasped as if he got stabbed in the back. "You dare -- accuse -- me?!"

Louie could only roll his eyes. "Oh, yeah? Then what the hell were you doing in the cellar?"

Like a kid who got busted stealing cash from his dad's wallet, Trevor's eyes widened. "How did you know I was there? Who ratted me out? It was London, wasn't it?"

Louie laughed at the boy. "I'm the one who got you out of there, you dink!"

Humming in comprehension, Trevor nodded his head. "I can explain that."

"Explain in the morning," he replied, "when you're not wasted."

Trevor chuckled, nobody knows why -- maybe he saw a cockroach, maybe he found the creaking of the floorboards comedic, or maybe it was just the grip of the Jack Daniels. "I love you, man!" he exclaimed. "You're the best friend tater tots have ever brought me." 

And, of course. What's being wasted without the unwarranted confessions of love to one's best friend?

Louie chuckled and, though not drunk himself, decided to humor Trevor. "Yeah, yeah. I love you, too, man," he said, gripping the door to his family lakehouse's attic.

Though a bit dusty, the attic room was the best option to dump his best friend at that time. Westmont students were ruthless with pranks. If he left Trevor faceplanted on the sofa or starfished down the porch steps, the boy would surely wake up with a dick on his forehead at the very least. Sure, there were also other rooms in the cabin but let's just say they were being utilized for special purposes at that time.

So the attic it was!

Trevor landed on the mattress with a solid, gold oomph! Louie towered over him as he shut his eyes.

Sighing, Louie said, "Boy, you're gonna wake up with a stinging headache tomorrow."

Suddenly the light coming through the doorway was obstructed by a head popping into view. "Lou!" a girl called and Louie turned to see his sister's excited face.

"What?"

London tilted her head to see Trevor on the mattress and mused, "Oh, good. You've put the lightweight to bed."

Louie chuckled. "Yeah. What's up?"

London's smile beamed further. "Kenny and Dax are having a chugging contest! One keg each! Someone's gonna get their stomach pumped tonight," she informed, singing the last word.

"Oh, damn!" Louie clapped his hands as he followed London out of the attic. The door banged behind them, yet Trevor stayed snoozed.

As the siblings walked together back to the party, London looked back at the attic door. "Man, he's going to regret getting wasted tomorrow," she said in a singsong manner.

"What do you mean?" Louie asked.

"Kaye Montgomery is here," she informed. "He's missing out on a chance to score."

The older brother chuckled at the notion.

Little did then know, Trevor Jettison was about the get the biggest score of his life...

Took me a while, huh? But to make it up to you, guys, I wrote two parts for this bonus! And Part 2 is twice the length of this one