Eleven

Camila woke up in the middle of the night. She smiled lovingly at her girlfriend who is snoring softly, blanket rolled over her body. She took a large shirt from the closet. She headed to the kitchen to drink some water. When she came back, Lauren is still fast asleep.

Camila likes her. Like a lot. It isn't the first time Camila dated someone who isn't her soulmate. She had few relationships in the past, that she needed to end when she knows she had to leave.

Lauren is different. Good different. She is stubborn but listens to her. She's dominant and submissive. She's light and darkness. Lauren is everything Camila would like to spend her life with, grow old with, if only she can.

She removed some hair blocking Lauren's face. She kissed Lauren's temple sweetly. She started to plan on how long she can keep Lauren but she didn't dwell on how she have to practically break both their hearts when she had to move again. If only she isn't immortal.

***

"Why?" Camila croaked. She can feel blood flowing out from her chest. She can clearly feel the cold metal piercing her heart.

She stared at the man she deeply loves. The man she thought she'd spend her life with.

"Your true love's heart." He said.

"That's the price of immortality." He continued as he plugged the knife deeper, Camila gasping in pain.

"Tell me." Camila whispered, her eyes getting blurry. "Did you even loved me?"

"I did. I do. I love you so much. But this had been my dream. All my life I had been preparing for this." Alfredo explained.

"Ever since I found out the spell book my grandmother left my father, I knew I was destined for something. But to achieve all of that, I have to be immortal. I need to be immortal."

"The spell?" Camila asked.

"I did that to find out if you're really destined to me. When you told me you got marked, I knew it was you."

Camila felt life slowly leaving her body. She's dying. In the arms of the man she loved the most. Of the man she gave her heart to. A man who's using it to be immortal instead.

"Camila, you are the moon. And I am the sun. We cannot be seen together. And me? I'm destined for greatness. I'm destined to be just like the sun. I'm destined to shine." Alfredo pulled out the knife, causing more blood to gush out.

Of course. True love. Camila wants to be angry with him. But she didn't have the strength to. She accepted her fate. She can make out Alfredo's figure walking away from her. She closed her eyes and waited. She felt sleepy. She let herself go.

-

"The sun." Lauren murmured in her slumber.

"The sun." She repeated.

It took Camila's attention who is currently reading a book beside her. Camila's eyes widened.

"The moon." Lauren mumbled, still perfectly asleep.

"The truth." She snored.

Camila dropped the book and listened intently. Lauren was quiet for a few seconds, then started murmuring.

"Three things." Her breathing pattern remained.

"Cannot long-" Lauren breathed twice.

"Long be hidden." Camila was out of the door the next second Lauren uttered the words.

-

"Dave. Dave. Answer the phone you-"

"Cami. What?"