Chapter Forty Eight : Ruthless Shadow

Title credits : @resangaimiji

And here's a lengthy update!

(Unedited)

************🌹************

Third Person's POV (I) :

She glanced around and walked quietly to the door which was now unlocked by the friend who did it on purpose but ignoring the abductor's warning of escaping, she peeped out to find the corridor empty and dark. Her hopes shot up as soon as she saw a big window through which one can easily pass. She didn't want to wait because once the abductor returns, he would do something that she never wanted and it was no time for patience.

Taking it as her cue, she hurriedly opened the window and bend down slightly to see how high the floor in which she stood exactly was.

She gulped down a lump upon roughly measuring the distance.

... She would need a rope or anything that would help her climb down.

********

Third Person's POV (II) :

Speeding past the buzzing night city of Vamparia, he rook a left to the street abandoned three centuries years ago due to the improper and illegal activities related to sorcery and black magic performed in secrecy against other kingdoms and the native people.

It was highly refuted even though the people who were involved didn't mean any harm to Vamparia but with the passage of time and generations, it became corrupt and not only did it tend to harm others but even the empire in which they resided. They started turning hostile and to curb their utter psychotic and destructive act, the order was passed against them to quit the practices and empty the particular region. They were the people who were left alone, disapproved by the society or pushed out of their family, then finding peace in inappropriacy. They were what we call the ancient days' robbers, thieves, smugglers and brothel keepers who put their hands in dirty magic. They were put into trial and those found guilty were executed without any last wishes.

Eventually, the rising threat was dampened with the removal of sense of insecurity among the people.

Establishing brothels, pimping and sadist practicing or anything that was compelled against one's wish was banned along with situating any academy related to black magic that meant harmed unless approved by the royal council. It was not completely eradicated but to a majority, these activities were minimized.

The law was passed a long time ago and with time, it started fading slowly as some were tending to that side again. Just like Savagine. It was like a stubborn disease of every kingdom that couldn't be completely cleared.

The particular region of the city slowly started having some of the civilians of hiding lower classes, meager thieves, criminals and depressed, left out creatures, giving the place an air of restricted, lonesome and creepy. No sane vampire would want to visit such a place.

So was this academy named 'Achiever's Academy of Wizardry' that once had a good name for producing bright wizards that were put into the working of the well being of the society. Since, Vamparia being a city of all the nightly creatures, it included age old wizard families that wanted to carry out their ancient practices in a good way, being alongside the vampires. But, corruption is a dirty thing. It spoils everyone involved and thus this academy had to be locked and abandoned, located at the far corner of the kingdom.

The stormy weather was inflicting a warning that the danger had prevailed. It was strange since, it was not controlled by Henry. He did ruin the climate sometime ago when he found her absence but he was quick to turn it back to normal. This environment was being created. Created by something not under his rule but may be by.. magic.