11.

Excuses any mistakes.

Clallam Bay Corrections Center
Next morning

"I, genuinely, want for you to take your time but that will never mean that you can waste mine."

Your favorite author, me.

Naomi sits patiently, awaiting Messiah's arrival. She had scheduled a visit because it had been a while since she'd seen him. Between Zeke and the kids, she hardly ever has time.

However, she found time this week.

She wanted Amir to join her, but he was hesitant. Naomi was beginning to distanced herself away from her brother, something she did not want to do. He just made more excuses these days and learning that his drinking was back, and worse, made her cautious.

Naomi loves Amir, but she has grown tired of his ways. He acts as if he has no one to talk to when she's there and his wife is there with him everyday. Amir would rather keep things in and let them boil over.

She was weary.

It's defeating for her, too. Her youngest, and more emotional intelligent brother, is sitting in a maximum security prison in the state of Washington.

The opening of the door breaks Naomi out of her thoughts. Messiah enters the room, handcuffed at the wrists and ankles. The correctional officer removed them before stepping out of the room. Messiah rubs his wrists from the pain.

He walks over to the table, and Naomi gets up to greet him with a hug. He's now a full grown man, 28 years old. Prison has provided him with a lot of time on his hands in which he lifts weights and read to occupy it.

He has gained weight, but it seems to be pure muscle. Naomi, however, can't take her eyes off the noticeable bandage that's right under his eye. It's big, something you use for cuts.

The two take a seat directly across from each other. "What happened?" She asks.

Messiah shakes his head. "Nothing, I'm good. How are you and the kids?" He quickly switches the topic.

However, Naomi isn't having it. "Messiah, tell me what happened."

He sighs, and leans his forearms on the table. "Got into a lil fight with some new niggas. They cut, but I beat they ass." He shrugs.

Naomi leans forward. "I don't give a damn. You have four years left in this hell hole. Don't do anything stupid to add more." She grits through her teeth.

Messiah clears his throat. "Gonna answer my question now?"

Sitting back in her seat, she sighs heavily and folds her arms across her chest. "You know they're fine. Nia told me to tell you that she loves you."

"How'd she do in the race? I know she won."

"Barely." Naomi mumbles.

"Barely?" Messiah repeats, and Naomi nods her head. "What? She got complacent?"

"Probably so, but I think that race opened her eyes. But, yeah, she won by a half of second."