Goat man!!!

The upper back half of my parents house is haunted. Or posessed. I don't know, but it's wrong up there. When you go upstairs and open the door, there's a large room with a walk in closet, about 700sf. There's a hallway to the right with a little bathroom, and then a door that leads to the other half of the upstairs, another 700sf or so and with two little doors to attics on either side of the room. The lightswitch to the room is outside of the room, meaning to turn on a light from the bed by the window, you have to get up and walk about 30 feet, open a door, reach your arm out and turn on a light. In 1999 when I was 17 and my brother was 15, he lived in the upstairs part of the house (obviously very choice as it's basically it's own house just without a kitchen) and I lived in a bedroom downstairs. One day, he ran downstairs and asked me if I wanted to change rooms. He said his knee injuries hurt to badly to go up and down the stairs all the time and asked if I would like to switch rooms. OF COURSE I SAID YES!

Fast forward to a few months later.

It's a school day and I am in bed. The sun is not up and my alarm has not yet gone off. I wake up, and I don't know why I woke up as I am a heavy sleeper who needs a lot of hours. I felt something near my bed. I rolled over to see what/who was in there, assuming it was one of my parents or a sibling or something trying to wake me up, and I see a life-sized crucified Jesus on my bedroom floor, living and evil with dark green eyes that glowed. It was obviously NOT Jesus, just some kind of 'thing' taking on a shape and existing there, trying to scare me. I stared at it and the eyes locked on mine and the cross rose up to a vertical position, slowly, until the life-sized crucified Jesus was before me, radiating hatred and anger and loathing and disgust. I wanted to turn a light on so so so so bad. To do that, I would have to get up, run around him, make it 30 feet, open a door and turn on a light. I pulled the blanket over my head and waited for the sun to come up and tried to pretend I had a nightmare and none of it was real. I got a lamp and put it next to my bed.

1 year later and I am a senior in high school.

I have put my mattress on the bedroom floor so that I can bang with wild abandon without my parents hearing my bed creek from the family room down below. My boyfriend and I bang it out and then roll opposite directions on the mattress to fall asleep. I don't know what time it was, but it wasn't daylight yet, when I woke up. I woke up because I felt something breathing on m e. When I opened my eyes, I could see a man's face, illuminated by the neighbors outdoor lights and a street light, very close to mine. There was a man down on the floor with his face near mine and his eyes were black, solid black, any part that would have white or color was entirely black and shiny. He had dark, ruddy skin and very hard, craggly features. Like a very square jaw and deep lines in his face. He was not wearing a shirt. He had muscular arms. From the waist down? Dude was a goat. He had freaking goat legs. I screamed and screamed and screeeeeamed, my mouth and eyes open wide, terrified....and no sound came out. As I was screaming, the goat man, face inches away from my own, eyes still locked on mine, opened his mouth to mock my scream, no sound coming out of his mouth either. I closed my eyes and shut them and counted to 60. When I opened my eyes again, he was gone. My boyfriend rolled over in bed and said 'WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?!?' 'What do you mean? What did you see?', I said. 'I kept trying to move and trying to get up and I couldn't move. It's like my body was being held down and I couldn't move!' I tell him he must have had a nightmare, because I want to believe none of this is real, and we go out and meet some friends.

The next night, as I slept on the floor mattress (too lazy to put it on and off my bed every day. Why bother?) a large hooded figure, maybe 10 feet tall or so? Wearing a head to toe black cloack and with no eyes or face, just darkness, floated through the door from the other room and toward me. It faded before it got to the mattress.

I didn't tell anybody because I thought I must have had a night terror or lucid dream. I didn't care that my boyfriend had felt immobile at the same time I saw the goat man. I assumed we had simultaneous nightmares because how could any of this be real?

I had friends come over who would walk into that room, feel cold and get goosebumps on their arms and want to leave. Downstairs in the family room, we could often hear the sound of heavy feet walking around in my bedroom above us.

A few years later, my brother and I are hanging out. I have never told him or anybody else about this stuff. He says he wants to tell me something and he's sorry and to not be mad. I say ok because he' s my brother and I generally don't get mad at him anyway, so who cares? He tells me that when he still lived upstairs, he was in the front room playing FIFA and he heard a woman screaming in the back room. He got up and went to look in that room and see wtf was going on. When he opened the door and turned on the light, the little attic door on the left had streams of blood coming out from around the tops and sides, like the blood was seeping out of the door frame. The screaming was coming from inside of that little attic. That's when he ran downstairs and asked me to switch rooms. He told me he knew it was probably just a nightmare, but it felt real and he didn't want to stay up there anymore and he was sorry he lied about the severity of his knee injuries to get out of that room. I said I didn't care at all. (true.) and told him about what I had experienced up there.