Chapter XXX

He leaned forward, not breaking any eye contact and we just stare at each other's eyes for god knows how long. There's always something in his eyes that is so captivating, maybe it's the way how they shine?

How I can see that he's happy but he's just hiding it or maybe, his difference. How different he is from others. On the outside, he keeps on playing this role as a playboy and a rebellious kid but deep inside, he's somewhat considerate.

Considerate of someone's emotions but he just keeps on acting like he doesn't even care. But I can tell, that he really cares and I can feel it, by just looking into his eyes. His eyes speak louder than his own actions.

"I can't stop looking at how beautiful you look every time I see you," 

He said. Those words are one of the things that make my stomach and heart flutter.

"Can you just stay still and let me just..." He said, leaning his head forward to my face and I just froze at my spot. It's not like I want to be kissed it's just that, I can't think anything and everything froze. In front of me.

Our lips are just 2 inches away from each other, I can see him staring at my lips and licking his own lips at the same time. I closed my eyes and just sat still,

"Ugh, what are you guys doing?" Suddenly, I heard Amelia's voice making me jolt up from the sand and look at her as she sends both of us questioning looks.

"Oh, uh... He was just... uh... blowing something off from my eye," I lied and Amelia put her right hand on her hip and gave me a smirk.

"Sure," She said. "By the way, we'll be sleeping now so you guys need to go back. Since you're the only guys who'll be awake, you guys should lock the house before you guys decide to sleep," She added and I nodded.

"Sure," I said. Amelia left, going back inside the beach house. I look at Cayden who is just sitting, more like posing like a model, pretending as if nothing happened.

***

We went back inside the beach house, seeing the others are now fast asleep. I walked towards the kitchen and grabbed myself some popcorn, wanting to watch some Netflix Horror movies before I go to sleep.

Cayden joins me and sat down beside me on the couch. "I'll choose the movie," He said, grabbing the remote from my hand and I just shrugged my shoulders as I grabbed a handful of popcorn and put it in my mouth, chewing it.

We first watched The Babadook. I haven't watched horror movies with someone, highly likely, I haven't watched movies with someone alone inside the living room at 2:35 AM at midnight. Quite romantic but not really, if Cayden is the one who you are watching with. 

Whenever there is jump scares in the movie, he'd start telling his opinion about how it shouldn't be in horror genre and it's not even scary enough to be called 'Horror'. He also keeps on dissing the Actors/Actresses in the movie.

"This movie is boring," He said as he grabs a handful of popcorn and starts to shove it inside his mouth. Me on the other hand, I keep on covering my eyes using the popcorn bowl and whenever Cayden grabs the popcorn bowl from me, I cover my eyes using the blanket.

After the movie finished, which left me dumbfounded and too scared to stand up and pee, I asked Cayden to assist me, "Just go with me, you don't have to enter the toilet," I said as I begged him to go with me.

"Well, I can assist you and watch you pee," He winked his eye at me, rolling my eyes at how dirty he is with his own words.

"Never mind, I'll just go by myself," I said. I left the living room to head towards the toilet, my mind starts to overthink about something scary and I might start to hallucinate any minute. I went inside the toilet, opened the lights and did what I had to do.