(14) She's a Warrior.

A/N: This chapter is mostly going to focus on a real life problem of discrimination. It might not be the cute chapter you guys want but it's something that might open your eyes. :)

Also, I'm almost at 200 reads!!! 😱😱😱 Thank you so much for reading and please let me know if you're enjoying the story by commenting, personally messaging me, etc! I'd love to know your thoughts! 💕

- - -

"I do not appreciate my wife being treated like shit." Damian says in a stern voice.

"Sir, you're married?" says a female staff with a pout.

Ana rolls her eyes annoyingly, "That's not the point! All of you have disrespected Sahara, her religion, her culture, and her as a human. And it would be in your best interest to apologize to her before he decides to shut down your whole store and leave you all jobless for the rest of your lives."

At queue, all the staff members line up beside each other, and bow at her Sahara apologetically.

"We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you, Mrs. Vasiliev. We did not mean to act so immaturely." Eli says without looking Sahara in the eye as she knows Damian's murderous gaze is on them.

Sahara feels that they do not need to apologize in such a extra manner, "It's totally fine. All of you can raise your heads, this is embarrassing." She tried lightening the mood.

"We're truly very sorry." Eli says in an apologetic tone. "If we had known that you were Mr. Vasiliev's wife–"

Sahara couldn't understand why they weren't getting what the problem is. "It's not the matter of who's wife I am or how wealthy I am, it's the matter of disrespect towards a certain culture by stereotyping them. It would be best if you all could refrain from judging someone off of their appearance, whether it be off of their religious or cultural attire or not."

Damian and Ana were shocked at Sahara's sudden shift in aura. The quiet, shy girl who would barely squeak is now giving off such a strong presence by fighting for her well-deserved rights. Her presence is even being noticed by the store staff, as they are straightening up and listening to her carefully. Her stance almost resembles a warrior on a battlefield, proud, confident, and firm about her actions and words against such stereotypes.

"I had to deal with such racism on a daily since I've stepped foot in England. Nothing serious, just people throwing looks or poking around my headscarf." Sahara looks sad as she continues, "I didn't have to deal with such when I was living in Canada as I lived in a very multicultural place, where everyone was used to people like me. I was pretty blind to racism until I started living in a moderately Caucasian area here.
I just want you to understand that it really hurts when I get treated differently because of how I dress or what my religion is. I actually never like leaving my house or like traveling since I get harassed easily because of the harmless cloth on my head. I want you to know that when you treat someone like trash just as you treated me today, you really leave a mark on them. You could really ruin them to the point where they will be afraid to leave their own house.
People like us move to such developed countries to run away from wars, poverty, prosecution, and etcetera but only to be thrown into more prosecution. You have to understand you cannot judge the lot of us for something someone claiming to be part of a religious group has been causing. Keyword: claiming. It's like saying I should be scared of every white person I meet because of what the KKK did and are still doing (A/N: acronym for Ku Klux Klan, if you don't know who they are, you should google it. They're a disgusting cult who are still as alive as ever).
I absolutely do not have the right to judge a whole population of people off of something a few insane people are doing, while claiming to use a certain religion or skin tone, just as you cannot judge me for practising a religion a few people claim to follow and use for violence. I can tell you something right off the bat, Islam condemns us against violence.
Anyhow, I just hope in the future, you will think twice before blurting out such hurtful comments because something a few horrible people are doing, doesn't represent the population they are allegedly associating themselves with. In short, just think before you speak." Sahara finishes off her delightfully educational rant with one of her signature innocent smile that melts the heart of everyone who lays eyes on her.

She hadn't even realized a few other customers had walked in during her little heated speech. Everyone in the store burst into cheers and applauded her. Even Damian had a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth, and his eyes shone with pride.

Sahara's cheeks turning a tint of pink as she didn't realize she had been speaking for so long. Every one of the staff members have come to her to apologize separately and thank her for educating them on their ignorance. The shy Sahara quickly came back as all the attention made her want to bolt out of the store.

A well-kept grey-haired woman walks towards Sahara, she's wearing a [clearly] expensive dress, paired with nude Christian Louboutin heels and holding a Hermes purse. She gives Sahara a hug as if she's known her for years, "Dear, I'm absolutely in awe from the way you put your heart into everything you have said. You have really opened my eyes and my heart to a new issue. I've been so ignorant towards such a topic, you have truly changed the way I think."

At first, Sahara awkwardly struggles in the woman's embrace but later settles down to it as her hug felt really comforting.

Eli gasps, "Mrs. Colombo, you should have informed us of your visit. We would have set up a special time for you."

"Now, now, you know how much I don't like the special arrangements for me. Let me shop like a normal human being for once." Mrs. Colombo says.

Sahara examines the mature woman, she's stunning. Her sultry eye makeup paired with her bold red lips makes her look intimidating and somehow so young.

"Damian Romeo Vasiliev! You didn't even dare to call me to your wedding, let alone tell me you married such a beautiful girl?" Mrs. Colombo looks at Damian upsettingly.

"Sorry, Madam. It happened so quickly that I barely had invited anyone." Damian gave her a charming smile, a smile that could win over any female's (or even male's) heart.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your lovely wife?" Mrs. Colombo beams.

Damian snakes his arm behind Sahara's waist, pulling her closer to him and firmly holds onto her hip, "Sahara, meet Angelina Colombo, one of the richest businesswoman in the world as well as the wife of one of the richest businessman in the world. Also, my mum."

•••

[Sneak Peak For The Next Chapter]

"How long, uh, how did ago did they pass away?" This question has been on Sahara's mind for a while but she never had the nerve to ask Damian.

Damian pumps on the brakes hard and the two girls would almost fly across if it weren't for their seat belts. "Damian, what the fuck!" Ana yells.

Damian raises his voice towards Sahara, "Why the fuck does it matter to you? What do my parents have to do with you?"

- - -

A/N: MOM????? LMAO WHAT!!!!

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!! // Follow me on Instagram: forbidden.darkness ♥️