one

RICHIE TOZIER stormed out of the school to the crowded schoolyard, where students were still lingering from their release minutes before

He angrily took off his glasses, cleaning them on his shirt before putting them back in place.

What the hell was Eddie trying to pull, cozying all up to Ash in the hallway; how the fuck could he have let her smile at him like that-

"Richie!"

He turned, and saw Stanley running towards him. When he caught up to him, Richie raised his eyebrows.

"Hi." Stan panted, and Richie stared.

"Hi. Can I ask, what the fuck are you doing, tearing after me like I'm about to die any second?"

Stan raised up and gave him a look. "Why were you bitching on Eddie in there?"

"I wasn't bitching on Eddie!"

Stan folded his arms, and Richie snapped, "Fine, I was. What's it to you? Jesus, can't a guy get any peace around here?"

"I wanna know because Eddie is my friend too, Rich, and—"

"G-guys!"

Stanley and Richie looked up, seeing Bill and Eddie making their way across the yard towards them, and Richie turned away.

"Is 'lil Rich still upset because his girlfriend didn't notice him?" Eddie mimicked, and Richie's face went red.

"Shut up, Eddie."

"H-hey, guys, d-don't fight." Bill said, looking between them, and Richie glared at Eddie, who he usually got along with on a deeper scale than the boys understood, and reluctantly let his gaze drop.

"Losers!"

That voice made Richie stiffen, along with the rest of the group.

He looked up, and his worst fears were confirmed. Henry Bowers was strolling towards them with Victor Criss, Belch Huggins, and Patrick Hockstetter, whom the kids at the school feared and often called, "The Bowers Gang."

"What the hell do you want, Bowers?" Richie said, a sharp edge to his tone, and Bill cringed.

"Richie, d-don't." He hissed as Henry came to a stop in front of the group.

"Watch it, Trashmouth. I could have you punched to a pulp." He spit at Richie, and then smirked. "Where's your girlfriend, Tozier?"

Richie felt his face go pale, and when he finally spoke, his voice trembled with suppressed anger. "What the fuck did you do? I swear to God, Bowers, I will beat your ass if you ever-"

The fist connected with Richie's mouth so fast he barely had time to react, and he stumbled backwards as his nose gushed blood.

"Fuck you, bitchass!" Richie said, holding his nose. "Can't beat up one kid without your posse behind you, yeah?"