Into The Black - 3

Jace's POV

I move quickly down the hallway after I slam the door behind me. I quickly make my way to the private garden and sit in the shade of the gazebo away from the full glare of the sun. I don't know what came over me, I just had to get out of there. I know it isn't the best idea to be outside during the day, in the garden, but that has never stopped me before. 

God, I feel kind of bad for being cruel towards her, even if I was only warning her. She just looked so innocent, and kind even, and the look of sorrow on her face when I said she was my mine was heartbreaking. She truly believes that's all she is, just property, nothing more. I just don't understand it though, she is a shifter, yet I feel sympathy towards this girl. Shifters are cruel nasty creatures who only think about themselves and their werewolf friends, no regards to anyone else. No regards to the children that they torture to death. Shifters are evil as the demons that the devil controls. Though despite all this, I don't want to have to punish this young girl.

She really is just as pretty as Flynn said, her looks do not disappoint and she is quite the little puzzle as well. What did she mean by "You're going to feed me?" Did she expect me to starve her? I understand that's what happens in some parts of the kingdom, but truly she can't think that lowly of me already? Flynn had also told me she lived with a witch family, which would usually mean she was well taken care of. What happened to her? 

Well, of course she can, what does she know? She has no reason to think highly of me, of course she will think of me as a horrible person. Sometimes I can be a horrible person.

What also puzzles me about this girl is the fact she turned into a Kitten, a god damn cat, and not something of actual use to her? While sitting there trying to work out the puzzle of this girl I hear an awful screech. 

"Prince Jacey!" 

Oh god, another one of those 'noble princesses'. Around the corner comes Harriet, wearing a bright pink ridiculously tight dress and wearing more makeup than Chelsea was earlier. Compared to Chelsea, Harriet is the least of my worries. She may be annoying, but she is too stupid to worry about.

"Prince! What are you doing out here, like shouldn't you be doing like, I dunno." Then she pulls me close and whispers in my ear, "Prince stuff," while trying to sound seductive. I cringe. What the actual fuck, that didn't even make any sense! 

"What are you doing out here Harriet, it's daytime?" I asked, but she just gave me a stupid smile. 

"It's good for my skin." Okay this girl is out of her mind, I'm losing brain cells just listening to her. 

"Uhhh, I have to go talk to my father, bye Harriet." I say while rushing towards my father's office. I actually do want to talk to him, but most of that was just to get away from Harriet and her oh wondrous way of words.  "Byyye Princcey!" I hear her scream as I reach the end of the garden. Jesus, was she dropped on her head as a child?

I get to my father's office and knock on the door. "Come in!" He calls and I walk through the door.

He has a nice office, fit for a king you might say. Nice old wood desk, new computer. He turns in his chair. "Ahh son, sit down, what have you come for?"

I sit down in the leather chair across from my father's desk and get comfortable. I don't really like my father, but I wanted to know if he knew of Annabelle. I wanted to know if I had to be worried. I turn to him and speak up, "I was wondering if you met my new slave? Flynn brought her for me?"

"Yes, yes, pretty little thing, I know what you'll want to do with that, eh son?" He said winking at me chuckling to himself. He can be disgusting sometimes. It sickens me to think what he would do with her if he wasn't faithful to my mother, well I hope he is faithful, he can be a perverted old man.

"Father, she is just a kid!!" I say, in quite an exasperated voice.

"So are you! How old is she? She can't be much younger than you!" He chuckles, god my father can be repulsive.

"She is twenty, but she so innocent, I don't think it would feel right." I truly believe that too. It wouldn't feel right. Maybe if she looked older, or was mean, or I didn't have any strange sympathies for her. Don't get me wrong she is really pretty, though I would feel like a worse jerk then I already am if I took away the one thing she probably has left. I say probably with a very heavy heart.

"So who cares! She is dirt, son! Dirt! She is a shifter, remember why we hate those blasted creatures? Remember what they did to you!!? You could take it out on this girl, she should be nothing to you son! nothing!'" He says almost screaming at me, his face going red. He is trying to get me to understand his way, which isn't always the right way.

"But, dad just list.."

"Remember what they did to your sister." He says calmly, interrupting me.

All I see is red after that, memories start flooding into my mind and I storm out the door. My sister, little Karly. The sunshine of our families eyes. I stalk up the staircase towards my room.

I burst open my bedroom door and see Annabelle sitting quietly on the bed, staring at me in shock. But all on my mind is Karly, and all I see sitting in front of me is a dirty shifter.

I walk up to Annabelle, grab her chin. The fear in her eyes isn't enough to bring me out of my trance. 'Karly, Karly, Karly...'

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO KARLY?" I scream into her face. Annabelle isn't there anymore. It is the brown eyes of angry shifter, smiling up at me. 

"What are you talking about?" says the shifter, except the voice is higher then I remember. I close my eyes as my head starts to burn, like its directly in the sun. In my blind rage I fling the shifter off the side of the bed, putting my hands to my head, trying to stop the pain. 

Suddenly I hear a loud scream that brings me out from weird memory. The pain in my head starts to fade and I open my eyes. Where did Annabelle go? Wasn't she sitting right here? 

"Annabelle?" I ask softly. Did she run and hide? Did I scare her, what happened? 

I hear a broken cry from the other side of of the bed and rush over. Annabelle is lying on the ground, cradling her arm, her very broken arm. 

She looks up at me, the fear evident in her eyes. 

"What have I done."

--------------

The King

EDITED

Comment

Subscribe

Vote

Please Please Please!! Feedback!!!

Love you all, K