Chapter 24

I flicked my wrist to the costumer in a goodbye, after I rang them up with there purchases. My body slumped eagerly against the chair that was placed conveniently behind the counter. With a arm propped up on the false marble and my head laying against the limb, I stared at the space in front of me as I tried to avoid thinking about a certain person in particular. The man is driving me bonkers. I honestly didn't know what to feel anymore. These sudden appearance of emotions started when I met him. The only connection I had had with anyone else is not even human. Its a overgrown wolf who has the personality of a mean old man. All the thinking made my mind fuzzy and soon eyelids began to droop. I took a quick glance around me to see if my boss was around. Noticing the coast is clear, I let my eyes fall shut.

I must have had my eyes closed for around five minutes before I opened them when I heard a strange noise. "Oh my god!" I screeched. Oliver's face was placed inches away from mine. Amusement twinkling in his eyes at my reaction. "Hi," he wiggled his fingers in a wave. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked in exasperation. Oliver false innocence as he tilted his head. "Whatever do you mean?" My face formed into a scowl. "Go away." Oliver snorted out a 'nah'. I groaned and picked up the nearest item near me, a candy, and threw it at him. I planned for it to hit his head but those plans were thrown out the window when he caught it with super fast reflexes. "Ooh! Thanks." My blank face turned into a smile. Oliver's face fell with confusion before he gave a hesitant smile back. I headed towards the corner of the small area behind the register. Both hands grasped a aluminum bat firmly. I spun around to face Oliver, who was staring at the object in my hands with a shocked look. "Why do you have that?" He asked nervously. "Whatever do you mean?" I mimicked him. "I'll just...go?" He questioned. I just tilted my head and stared him down. "Yeah. I'm gonna go."

Smiling in triumph, I walked back to my seat and leaned the bat against my legs. 'Now where was I?' I thought. 'Oh yeah. Nap.' Resuming my comfortable position before I once again closed my eyes.

"Laura! No napping!" Boss lady yelled.

I didn't stop my head falling and smacking on to the cold counter top. Nor did I stop the groan of frustration.

---

"You did a good job today!" Molly beamed. "No more sleeping though. Ok?" I gave a salute, "Yes Ma'am." She shook her head at me with a chuckle. "Get out of here." Nodding, I said bye. My hands automatically stuffed themselves into the pockets of my coat. It wasn't super cold out but still. I strolled to my truck which sat abandoned in the parking lot. Hopping in and slamming the door shut. My right hand twisted the keys in the ignition and I couldn't help but cringe when music boomed from my speakers.

 "You can lose your hearing if you listen to music like that." A voice said beside me. My head snapped to my right and I was flabbergasted at the sight of Oliver sitting in the passengers seat. He's so casual about it too. "The fuck?" I gasped. "What are you waiting for lets go!" He jumped up and down in the seat like a child getting ice cream. "Out." The word came out as a growl. He stared at me, understanding covering his features. "No wonder you two fit so well." He muttered. A single brow raised itself on my face, "huh?" "What? Nothing!" He panicked. I hummed. An idea struck me. "What's that?!" I pointed out of the passenger window causing him to quickly look. I leaned over and opened the door wishlist pushing Oliver out. I shut the door and pressed the lock button. His face showed up in the window staring at me with a glare. 

"Ha." I said dryly.  I turned away and began to set the truck into drive when a loud thump sounded from the back of the vehicle. "Ha!" He yelled loud enough for me to hear. "What are you, Emmett Cullen?" "No, I'm more of a Seth kind of guy." My mouth dropped in shock. "I don't even want to know." I uttered. I started to drive and hollered to the person in the back. "Enjoy the ride!" I rammed my foot on the gas.

(What do you guys think of Oliver?)