Training

"We will start off with something basic, to test where you're all at. How well you do today will determine where you start out on the board, for some of you that's already been decided." Eric smirked after Amar said the last part.

Names were suddenly on the board next to the first and the last numbers. Maya and Aurora. Some of the Dauntless borns chuckled before Amar lead them to a separate room.

The large group of people soon turned small. Fourteen transfers, out of the forty initiates.

"Well, looks like we can take it easy this year." Eric looked over the group, six from Candor, five from Erudite, two from Abnegation, and one from Amity.

"I say we push them harder." Four looked over to Eric, who nodded in agreement. Probably the first time they've ever agreed on something.

"We'll pair your into groups, since there are a few more guys than girls, some of your are going to be fighting the opposite sex. Which shouldn't be a problem." Eric explained, while Four was putting together the pairs.

"You'll fight with-" Four began to tell Aurora, but Eric cut him off

"Have her fight Maya." Aurora turned to Maya, who had fear dancing in her eyes.

Aurora shook her head, "I'm not fighting anyone. At least nobody who has done nothing wrong."

"Oh, you're fighting." Eric moved forward, getting in the girl's face. That seemed like something he was going to do a lot. Aurora thought about carrying around sprigs of mint in her pocket. "In fact, you two are going first."

The two got onto the mat, and Maya was already nervous. Aurora was already built from working in the fields, her arms muscular along with toned legs. Four could see why she'd be intimidated. He noticed that first about Aurora. He noticed that, and her stubbornness. Normally, he didn't like stubborn people, but you seemed to piss Eric off so that was alright with him.

"Ready, and fight." Eric shouted, causing Maya to jump a little.

Aurora dropped her arms, refusing to hit her friend. Maya looked at Eric, then Aurora, then back to Eric. She stepped slightly closer, light on her feet. "Sorry about this..." she whispered.

Maya lurched forward, sloppily punching the other brunette in the face. Aurora didn't waver, she stood her ground. She had been hit plenty of times by branches or falling fruit, Maya's punches were nothing different.

Maya continued to hit Aurora, getting frustrated that she wasn't even reacting. She lifted her foot up and kicked Aurora's stomach, making the girl recoil back and fall to her knees. Maya continued to let out her frustration.

Even when Aurora was on the ground she wouldn't fight back. Four stopped Maya, sick of seeing her just wailing on the stubborn girl.

Michael moved over to help Aurora up, her nose was bleeding as she laid on the mat and she was trying to catch her breath. Eric stopped him. "You had enough, initiate?"

"I'm just getting started." Aurora pushed herself up and went to go stand by Michael.
___

After all the matches went on, the names were placed on the board. Maya was moved down to sixth, and Aurora stayed at the bottom.

Maya approached Aurora, her face somber. "Aurora, I'm so sorry."

"You did what you had to. I forgive you." Maya moved to hug Aurora but Michael shook his head.

"Too many bruises." Micheal stepped slightly in front of Aurora. He gave Maya a small glare, causing the girl to back away slightly.

He had won his fight easily, and was currently number three on the board

He had won his fight easily, and was currently number three on the board. "Although I do admire Eric's austerity, what he allowed to happen was wrong. I'm glad Four stepped in."

"You're dismissed for today." Four shouted over everyone's chatter, "Tomorrow we really start."

The initiates started heading to their bunks when Eric shouted. "Prescott!"

Aurora turned and Eric motioned her over quickly with two fingers. Once the room was clear he began, "Why didn't you fight back, Prescott?"

"I had no reason to." Aurora said firmly.

"What would've happened if Four didn't stop the fight?" Eric inquired, beginning to circle the girl like a vulture

"She'd probably still be hitting me, sir."

Eric tutted. "Now let me make myself clear on this. You will do what we tell you to during training, or you'll end up scrubbing all of our toilets. Do you understand? Or am I going to have to break that into you."

"It's braver to take a punch than throw one." Aurora looked him dead in the eye. Eric was so close she could feel his breath on her face, it looked as if he was going to hit her. His first clenched and released. "And I guess you're just going to have to break me."

"I will break you. That's a promise initiate." Eric snarled. His fist now permanently clenched in anger.

"Then I can't wait." Aurora smirked, then turned and walked out of the room. Leaving a seething Eric behind her.

Michael ran up to her soon after, "Are you alright? He didn't hurt you did he?"

Aurora giggled, "Michael, I'm alright, honestly."

"I'm glad," he smiled, pausing for a moment, "Now lets go party."

Aurora laughed shaking her head as she was dragged out of the door by the boy.