Chapter 10 (The intruder )

In the middle of dinner while they're having the most wonderful time with his family his phone rings. He even meant to put it on silent mode but he didn't thinking that since today isn't work day,no one will call from the office for any emergency.
In surprise of who might have called him at this hour and most important time of his day,he took out his phone from his jeans pocket and excused himself. He saw Zainab from the side of his eyes looking as he exited the dinning room to pick his call.
To his surprise, it's a strange number but his true caller app showed him the caller identity. It says Hameedah....
He knows for sure it's a wrong number the caller called but just to be sure,he slides and answered the call.
"Assalamualaikum" he answered with his voice full of authority...
He heard sniffing from the other side like a woman crying, he immediately became alert that whoever this person is needs help urgently.

"Evening Mr Ahmad,I'm very sorry for disturbing your weekend... please i need your help... please" he heard her say in a voice full of tension,stress and fear.

"Who is it please? And why are you calling me now? Are you sure you're calling the right person? " he questioned at the same time.

"It's Amal Mehmoud sir,your secretary... It's my mom... "

"I'll be there in a few" he answered not knowing why he said such,because it's not like he's fond of this Amal girl but then again she needed help urgently from all indications and he is her last resort.

Suddenly he heard screaming of a child yelling "mom "!

"Give me your adress now" he demanded. But all he heard was silence,the line went dead.

He puts his phone back in his pocket and goes back to the dinning room where his family are almost through with their dinner. He informs them that he needs to handle something right away and he will be back in a few minutes.

"Why don't you finish your meal Malik..? It'll go cold before you get back". Said his mom looking up at him.

"No mom,i won't stay for long in shaa Allah. "

He saw the look Zainab is giving him, she looks a little worried even though she's trying to hide it but she's doing a horrible job at doing so. From the look of it she has stopped eating because she hasn't touched her dessert at all. He took his car key and headed out in hurry.

"Have your dessert my daughter,your husband will be back soon in shaa Allah" her mother in law tried to convince her to eat her dessert while she doesn't even have any appetite right now. Infact she feels like throwing up.
She smiled back "No Maama.. I'm ready full Alhamdulillah.  I will take it later in shaa Allah, or package it and take it home with me". She excused herself and went to guess room to rest a little. 
She feels sick and everytime she remembers how Malik left the house in such a hurry,she feels like puking her guts out. She plopped down on the bed to relax before Malik comes back. She just prays and hope all is well and that her husband is safe.

************************
Malik entered his car but  remembers he doesn't know the address to Amal's home. He called back the number she called him with but no one answered. He thought for some seconds how he's going to find the address then he thought of an idea. He took out his phone and quickly search for Amal's name in their office website accessible for employees only. He searched for her name and quickly skimmed through her profile to check for her home address. There he found it,number 13 Lawrence street new layout. He quickly turned on his GPS and set to track the house with that number. He drove out of his home and made his way following the GPS instructions.

After about 20 minutes of driving, he finally stopped at a house his GPS indicated as the house with the address he set. The house is a medium flat for a not so big family. The exterior is decorated with flowers whose leaves are turning brown and shedding leaves as it's the beginning autumn.
He passed through the garage to the front door leading to the interior of the house.
"Assalamualaikum " he called out,but there was silence as if it's an empty house.
After about three salams with no one answering, he finally decides to knock on the bamboo door.
He kept on knocking but there was no answer,he gave up and decided to turn to his car and drive home. Maybe it's not the house or she has gotten the help she needed. He immidiately felt stupid for even coming over.
The sound of door opening disrupted his thoughts and made him look back at the door opening. A young boy of about 11 years of age was at the door smiling at him. He immidiately smiled back.
"Assalamualaikum,i am Malik" he shakes the boy's hand smiling.