Theo Raeken - "She is in the car and won't stop crying"

"Good, you're home!" Theo let out a relieved sigh when you opened the door and you raised your eyebrows when you noticed the pearls of sweat covering his forehead. "I have a problem and I really hope you can help me, because I'm afraid I won't be able to control myself any longer if you can't."

You cocked your head and crossed your arms over your chest. You had seen Theo stressed before. You had maybe even seen a hint of panic in his eyes before. But you had never seen him like this before. "Why don't you come in for a cup of tea so you can tell me what's going on while you calm down?" You opened the door a little wider, but Theo shook his head.

"I can't come in." He looked over his shoulder at his expensive looking car, without a doubt stolen from someone who had more than enough money to buy a new one. "For some reason someone thought it was a good idea to let me watch their baby." He rolled his eyes and you bit your lip to prevent yourself from laughing out loud. "She is in the car and won't stop crying and I have no idea what to do!" He shook his head and he placed his hands on your shoulders, his hold was strong enough to bruise your delicate skin. "Help me not to kill her, please?"

You knew that for Theo this was a serious problem, you knew that laughing would probably only make it worse, but you just couldn't help it. The moment you opened your mouth a giggle escaped your lips. "I'm sorry, it's not funny and I know, but somehow..."

"Somehow it's funny anyway." Theo stepped back and he shifted his weight from one leg to the other. "Are you gonna help me or not?"

"Of course I'm gonna help you, don't worry." You brushed his shoulder while you walked past him and the smile on your face brightened when you noticed the cutest baby girl ever in the back of his car. "How long ago did she get a new diaper?"

"How am I supposed to know that?" Theo lifted his hands up and widened his eyes. "Don't look at me. I'm just looking after her for a day or so."

"A day or so?" You frowned your eyebrows. "How long ago did they ask you to watch her?" You opened the door of the car and carefully you lifted the little girl up.

She was surrounded by a horrible smell and her cheeks and eyes were red and swollen from crying.

"How long is she crying already?" You looked at Theo while you closed the door behind you and walked back towards your front door. "Did you get a bag with stuff for her?"

Theo took a deep breath. "Yes, I got a bag with stuff for her. She's been crying for over an hour already and I'm looking after her since this morning, why?"

You rolled your eyes and let out a deep sigh. "Theo, it's four pm! Of course the girl is crying! What did you expect? She's hungry, she needs a new diaper and she probably needs sleep too." You pressed the little girl tighter to your chest. "Go get that bag. I'm sure there will be diapers and food in there and I promise that after she got a new diaper and some food she'll stop crying and fall asleep."

"Hey! I already said that letting me look after a baby was a bad idea! You can't blame me for not knowing all of that!" He hurried to the car to get the bag and when he came back you had already emptied and cleaned the table with one hand. "Why do you think I came to you?"

"I don't know." You curled your lips up into a smile while you took the bag from him and searched for a blanket or something. "I didn't know you were seeing me as some mother figure." You placed the blanket on the table and then you carefully put the baby girl down. "Why am I the first one to cross your mind when you have a baby problem, Theo?"

"How should I know that?" Theo spoke softly and he scratched the back of his neck. "I just thought of you." He licked his lips and bent his head. "Maybe because I always do."

You curled your lips up into a smile while you started to undress the little girl on your table. "I think I like that." You looked up at him to exchange a short glance. "Let's talk about that when we've got this one happy again, shall we?"

"Yes, please, make that crying stop first."

"I'm already working on it."