37

"I can't believe this crap," one of the men says.

"Why would he do this?" another one asked. They were all gathered in his office and I sat on his desk with my legs crossed Indian style. They all had questions and complaints about the situation.

"Listen!" Blake ordered. "I'm not entirely sure why he's doing this and I don't  care. I want him punished. I want him brought to me. Get to planning and get it done. I want him and all his men brought to me."

"Yes sir," they all said before leaving his office.

"As for you," he turned to me. "You're going home. Now."

"What?" I asked, surprised. He took a step back and Ronnie stepped forward. I tried to look around him and felt a pinch in my neck. I looked back at him to see him pull a syringe away.

"What did... y-you just g-give me?" I felt my head getting light and my eyes heavy. "Blake please."

"It'll be alright, sweet girl." He soothed as he put his arms around me and lifted me from the desk. My body felt so heavy, I couldn't fight him. I looked up and saw Blake as he turned away from me, grinding his teeth.

....

I felt a fuzzy blanket over me. It was soft and felt like the fur of a puppy.

I opened my eyes to find baby pink walls with posters hanging in various places along them to cover that unwanted pink. The room looked familiar, but the first word that came to my mind was not home. It was Why?

They took me from the place that I used to call home. They put me in a cage. They dragged me around into things I didn't like. Then they let me fall for a man I barely knew and call the place that held me captive home.

I sat up and grabbed my head. It felt like it was about to bust open. Like I had a bad hangover and someone had hit me in the head with a hammer. I noticed a bottled water and two round white pills on my unpolished wooden nightstand. Aspirin?

I hoped so as I popped the pills and took a sip of the surprisingly cool water. I looked around and saw my phone on the pillow connected to it's charger. I picked it up and saw nine missed calls from my mom along with 43 messages from my little brother, mom, and best friend.

My mom seemed to be convinced I was angry with her and ignoring her, while my best friend and brother questioned where I was and why I wasn't answering.

I've been missing for months and this is all I got? Why has my landlord not thrown me out for not paying my bill? Why hasn't my boss called the police? I haven't been to work.

I got up from my bed and walked out of my bedroom. My apartment was exactly the way I left it right down to the sweater thrown lazily over the couch and the expired milk in the fridge all alone.

Before all of this I was just an emancipated, early graduate high school student that worked at McDonald's. I didn't have much money and I lived off of ice water and ravioli or ramen noodles.

How can he expect me to come back to this life?

There was only one difference in my apartment. A note taped to the door written on a small sheet of paper.

Jade,
I know this may be hard, but I need you to try. It's time for you to go back to your ordinary life. Your family and friends were told you went to south America with your church on a mission trip and were unable to contact them. You're work has been notified that you've been in the hospital after catching a disease in Mexico while vacationing for two weeks.

Your rent and phone bill have been paid and kept up for these past months you've been in my care and I've paid them in advance for the next two months.

   I'm afraid this is goodbye...
                        Blake.

I dropped onto my couch crumbling the note in my hand as tears threatened to escape my eyes. He threw me out and all he gave me was a formal note and not even an I love you.
Of course not...
He doesn't, does he?
Goodbye Blake.
I'm sorry, but I love you.

End of book 1.
Hope you enjoyed.

Book 2
Returned