Chapter 6

Jameson

I bolted away quicker than when I told Kyle to never press his lips to mine again. I felt stupid, even if I wasn't the one to initiate the kiss. Why would he even participate in beating me up and then kiss me? It doesn't make sense, even to me. Sure, I was still extremely mad at him for allowing his friends to put me in the damn hospital, and I thought that maybe I'd get an explanation from him after he'd apologised, though, I got something a little different than that.

Honestly, I didn't know how to feel about the kiss. It's Kyle Indigo for crying out loud. What does one think when they're kissed by him? Happy? Shocked?I had no idea. All I know is he cares a hell of a lot more about his friends than someone like me seeing as he can't even pull them away from beating me senseless.

Maybe he's bisexual, but it would still be a big thing for him to release such news to a school where girls adore him and guys have the most respect for him. When I say respect, I mean freaking respect. Ryder practically bows down to him, even if they are in the same social group. Not to mention all of the new starters are scared shitless of him as he roams the halls with his 'pack', glaring at the scrawny kids like myself and whistling at the girls.

He's your typical jock. He has everything, down to the grades, the girls and the set football scholarship for his future.

So why kiss me?

That evening, I stayed an extra two hours to trampoline, though deep down I knew I was secretly hoping that Kyle would walk in on me as he had a few times in the past. Is that how it's going to be from now on? He's going to ignore my entire existence? Because he pressed his lips to mine?

I don't know why I've taken it to heart like I have. It's obvious that me and him were never friends, even if I wanted us to be. I just want a friend in reality, it doesn't necessarily matter if it's Kyle or not. I think.

Once I'd given up on waiting, and after realising it had even gone dark outside, I decided to call it a night. He clearly wasn't coming, he had no reason to. Even if I did want an apology for him calling me what he did. It hurt, and I didn't even do anything for once.

On my way out, I flicked the switch to the gym lighting, closing the door silently behind me in case coach may still be in his office. You never know with him.

With a sigh, I began to walk towards the exit, but not before being scared shitless of hearing a door open, my brain automatically assuming it was coach.

"C-coach! I'm so sorry for being here this late I-"

"I'm not coach." A simple clarification led me to breath out a heavy sigh of relief.

"Thank God." I breathed, still holding my hand to my chest.

Once calming down, I got a glimpse at the girl who was also just exiting the gym, I'm assuming she is going home too. She had dark hair, almost black and wore a lot of eye makeup around her blue eyes and was quite short in comparison to me, though I guess I'm above the average height anyway.

She studied me just as much as I did her, and finally she was the one to break the silence. "The name's Piper." She smiled, holding out a hand. I watched her a moment before gathering what she was doing. Quickly, I struggled to shove my bag over my shoulder properly, before striking out a hand to meet her's in a hand shake. I don't think I've ever been greeted that way.

"Jameson." I told her in return, also grinning her way.

She retracted her hand, pulling down her pink sports top which had ridden up slightly. "What happened to you?" She referred to my battered state, my bruised face and stitched up lip being the main giveaway.