Episode 6: Midnight Hour

Me and Oz forgot about Batty so I went back to get him. He's such a complainer. Like, "no I can't leave the box," "don't shake me around," "don't close the lid" Yeah I'm just a wee bit over this guy.

   When we got outside with everyone it'd only been ten minutes. I sat Batty on the ground and looked around. "So in the book did it say where the stairs would appear?." I asked Creep who was currently dressed like an Eskimo. It made me chuckle a bit. "Are you cold, Benji?" His head shot up and his whole face went tomato red. Even in the dark you can see the redness. "Um, sorry, do you not like your name? Sorry." I apologized, which seems to be a theme now a days, me apologizing for something.

   "Its not that. Just people don't really use my name anymore. Its nice though, so you can get away with it." Oz cleared his throat then. When Benji, oh yeah, totally sticking with that, and I looked at Oz, he raised a brow expectantly. "Oh! Right, where the stairs will appear. The book said where the moon casts its glow on the tower of Doure. So I think opposite side to the entrance. Basically behind Doure."

   "So instead of door number one, we get to choose door number two." Strange and Benji chuckled at my joke. Oz just rolled his eyes but I saw the smirk he was trying to hide.

   I picked up the box with Batty again and started making my way behind Doure. Its so beautiful out here at night. There's no city lights to mute the stars so they're all on display. Because the water is so clear and still here you almost can't tell where the divide between the sky and water is, Nan you would love it here. We all sat down against the wall looking at the sky as we waited for time to pass.

   Finally 100 years later... Fooled ya! Nah, but its finally getting close just a minute left. We all moved away from the wall so we could watch. Never have I ever felt so in tune with a group of people. We all gasped at the same time when the stairs started to take form. They don't look solid. They look almost made of the stars themselves with crystal glass holding them in place. They were beautiful.

   "Well they aren't gonna walk themselves." And then Batty had to ruin the moment. I sighed and made my way over to the first step. Cautiously I placed my foot on it to make sure it really was solid. As I got to step two, I was crushingly aware of the fact that a rail wasn't going to appear and with that knowledge came the fact that we had to climb these till we reached the clouds. If you've ever seen Soul Eater with the episode of Excalibur first appearing, you'll know exactly what face I'm making right now. Gotta watch that with Mars again.

   I was pulled out of my thoughts by a hand placed on my shoulder I looked back to see Benji, he looked concerned. "You okay?" I could only swallow and nod. He didn't look convinced but didn't press. Sighing I gathered all my courage, placed a hand on Doure and started to make my way up the stairs.

   Then we all fell to our deaths. No, but that was a thought that came to me more than once, haha, I think all this climbing is getting to me. Oh look! The door. It felt like so much time had past and all out feet were hurting. "Really hope there's some kind of sitting device in there."

   "You mean a chair?" Benji asked me in a tone that suggested I've lost my marbles. He could be right.

   "Is that what they are? I've lost all sense of what it feels to sit. It felt so long ago that I had the luxury to complain about a sore bottom." A snorty laugh made its way to my ears behind me causing a smile of my own to form. "Hmm, that laugh, music to my ears."