Personal Ladder Part 1

Vik's POV

Stupid tests and assessments making me study more, Do I have to constantly make myself seem stupid all of a sudden so I don't get so much work? I have my own shit to do. I need a break.

Mum: "Vik where are you going?"

Vik: "Library mum, they gave me that much work I need a break."

Mum: "Just make sure it's all done by the due date and don't come back bruised this time."

Vik: "It happened once mum seriously, relax OK? I'll be fine."

My last year of school and they give me more work than anyone else, yeah, I need a break. I've been heading to the library for an hour or so after school every day for three weeks now. It kind of makes me feel better being in a quiet place surrounded by multiple worlds I can get lost in.

Vik: "I'll be back at 8."

Mum: "Have fun."

Vik: "Always do."

I always tried to come alone but sometimes, my Friends Josh and Preston would tag along and I'd be stuck with them. It's not all that bad, they do keep it entertaining but still. I like to get away from school, not take it home with me. But luckily for me today, I walked alone the ten minutes tk the place of my dreams, I could get a job here when I'm finished just to help support mum and I. But until then, study. As I walked inside, I noticed a new face standing behind the counter. His blonde hair was a rather dead giveaway, as was his tall stature. I wonder how long he has been working here for? I walked past and showed my card to Beth, the new owner and walked along to find a book.

Preston: "He's alright I guess."

Harry: "He's hot."

Vik: "God no."

I guess that explains why I didn't see them on my walk here.

Vik: "What are you doing here? Harry you hate books."

Preston: "Yes but he loves the new guy, Come on Vik you can't deny it right?"

Vik: "I can and I will, I want to escape school and come here to read, It's rather annoying knowing that I'm not even safe here."

Harry: "What do you think he's like?"

Vik: "Probably straight now can you reach up and get me that book please?"

Harry: "Yeah here you go."

I was too short to reach the top shelf and of course. That's where the best books are. It's like they deliberately knew that short people would like those books and so put them up there just to spite us.

Harry: "Those girls are hanging off the poor guy."

Vik: "Harry the book?"

Harry: "Right sorry."

Preston: "It's kind of sad hey, the library is a place to relax and just unwind after school. He's already been here one day and it's turned into the pick up zone."

I looked up and noticed the blonde guy look up to see us before his attention turned back to the girls in front of him. I already don't like him.

Vik: "Look who is standing there. Jasmin, Hayley and Bianca. He's probably already a popular kid. And he had to either be older than us or attending our school for them three to be jumping all over him."

Preston: "Josh over here."

I looked up to see my best friend, he walked towards us and took a seat beside me, before he picked me up and dropped me in his lap and wrapping his arms around me. He was always so cute like that. Too bad he has a girlfriend.