Chapter 14: Voila! Magic!

AN: Okay, I'll admit that the last chapter was a bit short...I wrote it a while ago, so I didn't remember. Since a certain someone is bugging me to post the next chapter-*cough cough you know who you are*-here you go. Even though I just realized that this one is pretty short too...

I don't know when I fell asleep. Was it the main hall? When I realized this was the duke's house?

     I don't know why I fell asleep. I sure wasn't tired before, but was hyped for meeting the duke actually.

     I don't know where I fell asleep. Nor where I was now.

     I also didn't know who this was in front of me. But if I had to guess, I would take a shot at the option of the young miss Louise de Coccinelle, the one I had imagined to have amazing stature in my long dream since it looked like the sun was about to go down. Having started the day at dawn, it was amazing how long I slept since the other end of the day was already coming.

     My hair danced back softly from the infant's light breathing, her soft mouth opening and closing gently from each exhale. The white hair on top of her head, almost to the tips of her ears, was a complete contrast from what I had imagined.

     Takuya, a guy who was probably crying about how I hadn't mentioned him very much until now, had never told me what they looked like. I only knew this was the cursed villainess because of the status as duke and last name, which was French based just like all the rest.

    Sidetrack: I wouldn't mind finding a French type country in this world, since web novels and manga loved that Arabian type "in the desert" theme.

     Back on track: she was more beautiful than I had imagined, both in imagination and my dream.

     My dream was somewhat hazy with the details, but for some reason they were phased in like it was just meant to be. I wasn't sure if it was Magaris' brother that was missing, which had been one of the stray thoughts as I went to the...Daemon Territory...or anyone was simply missing at all. From what I had put together, having seen her when the campaign members came back, he went to fight in the war and hadn't come back. I wasn't sure if he was dead or not, but my consciousness from a few seconds ago told me he was alive and struggling.

     I didn't know whether that was a good thing or not, because of how he had looked and the particular place he had been and worked for in my dream.

     I also didn't know what Aloire really looked like, nor the other "Henchmen." Did she have golden hair like that? Was it prejudiced of me to think that all Demons had some sort of completely dark features? Also, I've met Boss first, so why was I number 3? Was it because that's the setting of the game?

     The Henchmen-Sarena and Courtney-looked like odd foreigners. Fuchsia hair and green eyes for the first, purple hair and cutting eyes for the second. Nothing very special about them, and although they had the same shades to their profiles, they were not sisters. I couldn't wait to meet them, though, because they seemed very impeccable from the way they carried themselves in the dream. Strong, able to fend for themselves, not the type to rely on money, power, and status. Upright people if not for their delinquency.

    But that was just a dream, after all. They were against the Teagas-Tasega, dang it, when will I remember that?-Corporation that had destroyed their father's and mother's businesses, as Father's had been. They would have been forced into a more humble and insecure lifestyle because of that and grown up to be different people.

     But wait, Tasega Corporation was basically the...you-know-whos. They aren't Voldemort, never mind, so I'll just say it-the gods. The gods, as I already knew before coming to this world, ruined everything. Sometimes they did good, but had an ulterior motive. I learned after reading stuff like Arifureta* and Death March* (*sob* I'll never get to finish them now that I've died and left Japan...is it possible to beg the gods for internet and WiFi over here? I don't know, give me a look into the future to see what happens? Future chapters for free?) that the gods were never omnipotent or benevolent beings, no matter what shape they took or stance with the world they maintained.