18

Two long flights and a three layover later... I'm home. I'm exhausted, but home.

I have my Uber driver drive me directly to Jennifer's apartment and I struggle to get my three large suitcases into the building. I end up leaving them in the lobby area rather than trying to carry them all by myself. Jennifer has been blowing up my phone, but I obviously haven't seen anything she's sent me because I have been on a plane for hours and hours. I go up the stairs and down the hall and stop in front of her door. I take a breath and knock on the door and make sure she can't see me through the peep hole.

"Who is it?" She asks through the door. "Pizza..." I say, trying not to sound so much like myself. She opens the door slowly and her jaw drops when she sees me. She pulls the door open and jumps into my arms, wrapping her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck.

"Hi baby..." I say as I squeeze her tightly. "Oh my god, Leah." She says. I hear her start to cry and it makes me a little bit emotional too. "What the hell are you doing here?!" "What do you mean? I live here now..." I say. She looks at me crazy and then I put her back on her own two feet. "What?" "So, I put my condo up for sale and packed my things... I no longer work in London and I'm here to stay." I say. She puts her hand over her mouth and cries harder. "Stop crying, dammit!" I say and pull her to my chest, fighting tears of my own. "I can't believe you're here." She says. "Believe it. I'm not going anywhere... ever." I promise her. She shakes her head and hugs me tightly.

After a couple of more long hugs she composes herself and I do the same. By this point we're in her kitchen talking and I grab a drink from the fridge. "You're the only person in this world I would do any of this for, you know?" "I love you." She says and walks over to me and puts her hands around my face and kisses me slowly. We kiss multiple times and I press my forehead against hers. "I've missed your lips." I say and she smiles and kisses me again. "They've missed you too." She giggles. I put my hand on her ass and squeeze and she kisses me hard. She slides her hand underneath my shirt, but I have to stop her. "Slow down. I have suitcases in the lobby. Come help me bring them up and I promise I'll do whatever you want for however long you want." I laugh. She smiles and kisses me one more time before walking downstairs with me.

Once my things are brought up, Jennifer locks the door and we go to the bedroom and she kisses me slowly and passionately. It's intense, but in the best way imaginable. We make out for several minutes as we slowly undress each other and lay down on the bed together. I've never been one to use the expression "make love" because I personally think it sounds cheesy as hell, but what just happened with us... that... yeah. It hasn't always been that way with us. We've always had great sex, but the amount of passion and just... love that we shared was crazy in this moment.

"I love you so much." Jennifer whispers as she lays her head down on my chest and covers us both up with a blanket. "I love you more, baby." I mumble before falling asleep, crashing hard from the jet lag and lack of sleep in general from the stress of this entire situation.

* * *

Waking up with Jennifer again feels nothing short of perfect. For once, she's actually awake before I am! This jet lag really has the best of me.

"Good morning." She says and looks up at me. I smile and kiss her forehead, "good morning." I say to her. She smiles and hugs my body tightly. "It feels good to have you back." She says. "There is no way I could stay away." I laugh. She smiles and sits up. "So... do you want to talk about everything?" She asks. I nod my head and grab her hand, stroking it with my thumb, "absolutely, but we can do that tonight over dinner. I have some things to take care of today." I say. She nods and kisses my lips softly, "wanna take a shower? I'll make some breakfast." She says. I nod and we shower together and then she goes to make breakfast for both of us.

It hasn't even been a full twenty-four hours of me being home and I already feel like I'm in a routine. Yes, I'm still tired and recovering from jet lag, but everything I do with her feels so right just because it's with her. She's everything I've ever wanted and dreamed of, and also everything I have never deserved. The girl is as good as gold and I never would've seen myself with her six years ago. I'm glad that people and circumstances change, because if I didn't have Jennifer I don't know where I would be in my life.