•TEN•

Tom sat in the common room, waiting for Conscious to come down to help him with Prefect duties since the prefect girl was sick. He had not looked forward to facing her, he had lost a duel to only hours ago and their argument they shared prior. He could hear the soft clips on her shoes as she appeared down from the stairs.

"Ready?" She asked. He ignored her, causing her to frown. Tom was incredibly hard to read. The past month she'd notice how easy it was for his mood to change. They walked down the halls with a larger gap between them than before.

"Tom, i'm sorry about the duel." She apologized.

He glanced at her. "Why?"

"Because I was hoping you'd win in all honest. I don't like to preform to others what my magic is, and besides I know how much you love the power when it is yours and i've taken that." She rambled.

He sighed, from some odd reason he couldn't help but forgive her. He had never or at least rarely treated anyone like the way he treated Conscious. He looked down as he saw she had moved a slight bit closer.

"Tom?" She had asked, breaking their silence again.

He hummed in response.

"Do you fancy me?" He stopped and looked straight for a few moments pondering her question before return his gaze at her.

"I do not feel such attractions Conscious, I was made under the power of a Love Potion as you remember." He stated. "And I would gladly appreciate if you kept that between us as well."

His mother had fell in love with a muggle man and put him under the influence of Love which caused them into having a child.

"Tom everyone can feel." She laughed.

"Not if you were born from the love potion." He argued.

"Tom Tom Tom there's so much you don't know." She giggled as she walked away.

He found himself frowning at her comment, he already knew almost everything he was particularly the smartest and brightest to ever attend the school. He had already known he can never love and it's not like he wanted to.

Love was weakness.