46. Clarity

Jimin stared at Illusia, bright yellow eyes boring into her dark orbs, fangs bared as he growled loudly with his nails digging into the concrete ground

Jimin stared at Illusia, bright yellow eyes boring into her dark orbs, fangs bared as he growled loudly with his nails digging into the concrete ground. The enchantress was obviously stunned by how he was acting just like an animal and he himself didn't know why he was doing this, why the gem's abilities came with him growling and hissing like a wild dog. Still, the thunder gem bearer couldn't ignore the fact that there was a newfound power surging inside him, so strong that his limbs trembled at the sensation of electricity flowing in his veins.

What had been the cause of this? The realization? The anger? Jimin didn't know the reason why but to be frank, he liked it. He liked the intimidated look on Illusia's face. He liked feeling powerful.

"What's wrong, Illusia?," Jimin smirked, eyes glinting with mischief. "Afraid?"

Jimin's words seemed to have snapped Illusia back into reality because now the enchantress was scowling, eyes burning with fury. She raised a hand to her chin, pointing two fingers in the air. "Nonsense! I shall not be intimidated by the likes of you!"

Illusia swiped her hand, wires breaking away from the ground and charging towards Jimin, who dodged it by jumping high in the air, barely securing the safety of his feet. Another wired aimed to skewer him through the abdomen but he avoided it and smoothly rolled on the ground. Sitting up, gritted his teeth and clasped his hands together, bolts of electricity shooting towards the enchantress.

Using the wires to shield herself from the lightning, Illusia failed to see Jimin pouncing at her with sharp claws and bared fangs. The two collided and crashed to the ground, rolling over the tangled wires. During this, Kaeva watched in silence and glanced at the wires pinning her to the wall, trying to think of a way to free herself so she could assist Jimin. She then had an idea and started to wriggle.

Jimin, partly blinded by his rage, started to repeatedly punch Illusia in the face with inhumane speed, all while growling right at her face, electricity sparking in the air around them. Then, there was a gust of wind with a bit of purple mist, and suddenly he was on top of Namjoon, lips cut and cheek swollen.

Pausing, Jimin stared at the now whimpering Namjoon, his mind failing to process what exactly he was looking at. Still, he lowered his hand, expression turning soft. "Namjo—"

Jimin was struck at the chest, both feet kicking him in the air and making him land on his back as he grunted in pain. Then Namjoon — no, no, this was Illusia in disguise — stood up and slowly walked towards him, fingers snapping as the wires followed their movements, an evil smirk on his face. "Ha, just when I thought you've fully conquered me, I have once again found your weak spot. Let's see if you can go against your closest friend, Park Jimin."

The wires snapped at Jimin like whips and he had to repeat the fact that Illusia had shape shifted into Namjoon in his head to prevent himself from hesitating to fight back. Still, he couldn't bear the thought of fighting or hurt one of his dear friends, so he dodged them, trying to find a way to defeat Illusia without going against his own morals.