Chapter Seventeen

Hey guys, chapter seventeen wow. I haven't reach a chapter that fast before. Maybe because I am excited about the story. Maybe, now without any more words, let's start.

- Chapter Seventeen - Loss

I opened my eyes, and felt unbearable pain. I felt like screaming, but I stopped myself. I tried getting up, baring all the pain I felt. I should he strong for every one. I should forget about the alpha devil. He wouldn't help me in anything. After I got up, I made a small breakfast for everyone. We started eating together, and then I heard a wolf screaming. My senses heightened. I felt something inside of me kick to be free. I pushed it aside, and decided to stay in place. If it was our enemies, it would be better if we fought from inside.

I went to the window to check, and found nothing. I let go of the breath, I didn't know I was holding.

" What's wrong darling? " Veronica asked.

" Nothing. " I said, with a fake smile.

' If she just knew the truth, ' I thought.

" You better not tell anyone, if you what your life to be as good as possible. "

That voice was exactly his. My breath started becoming harder, and I ran from Veronica. I hid in a corner, and started crying. This was stressing me out. I couldn't just hold any longer. I was getting weaker by the second, and hearing his voice wasn't helping.  It was the total opposite. I started feeling dizzy, and a stupid headache from all the crying. I sat on the ground, and Veronica came to me. 

" Are you okay, sweetie? " she asked.

" Yes, thanks. " I lied. I was no where near okay, I was a lot under it. I was dying slowly.

" Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything. " she said.

" Well, I am just worried about my aunt and uncle. " I said the first thing that popped in my mind.

" Don't worry darling. They will come back safe, and sound" she said, running my back.

I nodded with a fake smile. She hugged me, and I hugged her back. I needed that hug pretty bad. I needed someone to hug me, and tell me that everything would be okay. I was so weak. I needed someone to support me, against the one who should be supporting me. Against my mate. I didn't understand anything from what was happening.

After a while, I went to the kids, and started playing with them. It was the first thing that came to my mind. I played with them, and forced myself to smile. I ignore all of that, and stopped thinking about anything. I knew that one thought would lead to another.

Night came quickly. The second day ended. I was pretty scared. I didn't feel like sleeping. Everyone went to sleep. At the middle if the night, a knock was heard on the pack house's door. I went to the window to see who it was, and I found Sam ( Xavier's wolf ). I went to the door, and opened it quickly. He was injured. He came in, and I hugged him. Sam went in a corner, and shifted. I hugged Xavier, as soon as he came in my view. He hissed in pain, but hugged me back.

" I am sorry. Are you okay? " I asked, and let him go.

" Yeah. " he said, with a small fake smile.

" Sit. " I said, placing him on the ground. " What happened? "

" They won. " he said, crying.

" What? That fast! " I said, in disbelief.

" Sadly, yeah. " he said, " We didn't have the chance to fight. They dug fear in us, and then attacked in seconds. They are coming here. "