Eight

A.N. Guys I am sooo sorry it's been a while since I last updated. If you read the last chapter you would know why (my dvd wouldn't play) but now it will so we're all sorted.

(My darling boy above^)

-----------------------

The day after the funeral and I had to put my sadness for Peggy aside as I had to go to Vienna and go to a conference for the United Nation's, to sign the accords. Steve persisted with not signing that morning, so we went without him. We, meaning, me and Natasha.

The accords were important for the population so it was important to us, not matter how selfish Steve was being. After Nigeria, how can he sit and say we're doing okay? After Sokovia, how can he say that? As a spokesperson for the united states and probably the world, I had to stand up. I had to.

I shook off my thoughts of Steve as we arrived at the conference. 

"Shall we?" Natasha asked. Me and her both decided on work dresses as this was an important matter.

"We shall." I nodded, grabbing the handle of the car door to open it. Camera's flashed as soon as we exited our car. People cheered but also vented their anger at me. It was a mixed crowd. Me and Natasha ignored the camera's and reporters and walked inside. This is it. There's no going back now.

As we walked inside, I felt overwhelmed with how many countries turned up for this thing. They really wanted this.

"Excuse me, Ms Gomez?" A UN Staffer came up with a clipboard full of forms.

"Yes?" I smiled at her.

"These need your Signature." She held out the forms for me.

"Of course." She handed me her pen and I signed where it needed to be signed. 

"Thank you." The UN staffer smiled at me, before walking off to get talk to other people.

"I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight." The son of the King Of Wakanda, T'Challa, addressed Natasha as he walked towards us.

"Oh well, it's not always so flattering." Natasha said back, holding her hands in front of her as she was still not very comfortable with being in front of a lot of camera's. That's my fault.

"You seem to be doing alright so far, isn't that right Miss Gomez?" He turned to me, smiling. 

"Oh yeah. Still got some ways to go though." I joked, nudging her a little. "So, do you agree with all of this?" I motioned towards the room.

"The accords, yes, but the politics? Three people can get more done than a hundred." I knew what he meant, so I smiled.

"Unless you are to move a piano." The King Of Wakanda came up and stood next to me. The farther and son spoke in some of their native tongue before the King turned towards me. 

"Miss Gomez. Ms Romanoff." He nodded to us both.

"Your majesty." I slightly curtsied, not wanting to look completely weird in front of a room full of politicians. "I must start by sincerely apologising for what happened in Nigeria. It shouldn't have gone the way it did and lives were lost that shouldn't have because of it. I assure you you can still have faith in us." I smiled, wanting to come across as sincere, because I was.

"Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all of this. I'm sad to hear your future husband did not think the same." I wanted to forget about him as we did this but obviously the world wouldn't let me.

"I am too. But it's not going to stop this." I reassured him once more. There was no turning back and I did not feel bad about it at all.

"If everyone can please be seated. This assembly is now in session."